Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have pet birds?

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome birds!! I have a peach front conure and two senegals. All three are execellent talkers and have many mechanical noises. I would love to have an african grey someday, but I have my hands full with the 3 I have now.

I love macaws and cockatoos. Cockatoos are so snuggly and loving and macaws have comical personalities. Thanks for sharing.

Henry- male senegal

Clydie- male senegal

P.C.- male peach front conure
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a grey cheeked parakeet for 9 years that had a heart attack or something back in 1998. It just let out a squaw and fell. I held him in my hands and he died after a few minutes. His little beak was moving like he was trying to talk. Man that sucked. He was a cool bird. "Buddy boy" is buried outside, under my bedroom window.
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyr View Post
    I had a grey cheeked parakeet for 9 years that had a heart attack or something back in 1998. It just let out a squaw and fell. I held him in my hands and he died after a few minutes. His little beak was moving like he was trying to talk. Man that sucked. He was a cool bird. "Buddy boy" is buried outside, under my bedroom window.
    That's really sad and I'm sorry to hear that. My cockatoo scared me just this last fall. I was walking through the house with her on my shoulder. We were walking through a room that was kind of dark and I reached up to get her off my shoulder so I could put her back in her cage. That spooked her and she jumped off me and onto the ground. When I picked her up I noticed droplets of blood on the floor. She was bleeding from her mouth. I called the breeder I bought her from and she advised me what do do over the phone. The same night I also took her to a local emergency animal hospital. They really didn't do much because they didn't have an avian vet. Her bleeding slowed down and stopped completely by the next morning. She had accidently bit her tongue when she jumped off me. Thankfully this story ended happily and she recovered just fine.

Here's a picture when I told her how much we could have saved on our car insurance if we had gone with Geico

Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say 'Hey man, I love you this many dollars worth. -Michael Scott, The Office

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hamata View Post
    Here's a picture when I told her how much we could have saved on our car insurance if we had gone with Geico
    ROFLMAO. That's classic. Good to hear she's healthy now . Wonderful birds you have there.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's a beauty! Wow!
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup: finches

Entertaining little colony I have going
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHamata View Post
    i had the same species. Everytime it went into that pose it gave a tremendous ear splitting screech. My family ended up giving her away because we didn't have time to play with it.
    Finer in 09'er

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, parrots can be time consuming. The downside is that they do screech. I'm just happy they don't feather pick. Of course squawking and screeching is normal vocalization for birds. Fortunetly, parrots have the woderful ability to imitate and to speak. I think I'd still like to have a scarlet and greenwing.The parrotlets are pretty cool too.
    Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say 'Hey man, I love you this many dollars worth. -Michael Scott, The Office

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12