Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have pet birds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have pet birds?

I was wondering how many people on the forum have pet birds in addition to carnivorous plants?

I started keeping parrots 2 years ago.

This little guy was my first bird. (Buddy)

I almost bought her next.

Ended up taking the umbella cockatoo home instead. (Booboo)

Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say 'Hey man, I love you this many dollars worth. -Michael Scott, The Office

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FABULOUS! I love birds but I doubt with my career choice I'd have the personal time for them, so that's out. I do love them, though. Your birds are fantastic! Macaws and Cockatoos are so soft and sweet (and SMART!)

We had a pair of Cockatiels when I was a kid. Messy little bird.

I've always wanted to know why some birds have shiny beaks, some have matte beaks. Why is this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About ten years ago I kept a pair of Emerald Toucanettes and had one Keel Billed Toucan. Do not keep birds anymore due to time constraints. Aviarys take alot of time. Loved keeping though. Maybe again one day when I retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a lovely button quail I had him for 6 months I went to california for a few weeks he went insane without the people, the women watching him could not have him in her small house since he was an extreamely noisey bird so they let him go in the cold....
    I know sounds retarded and such but he kinda lost it but I wish I had him
    I always had a slight interest in parrots and other smaller birds but with 4 siblings they will bite them or something will get out If I move back to hawaii I will try to persue a outdoorsy(or indoors depending on the plausibility) bird I knew a few people with cockatiels that lived in the house and outside happily for a loong time...

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macamus3 View Post
    About ten years ago I kept a pair of Emerald Toucanettes and had one Keel Billed Toucan. Do not keep birds anymore due to time constraints. Aviarys take alot of time. Loved keeping though. Maybe again one day when I retire.
    That is Fabulous! I had no idea you could keep these as pets. Beautiful animals. I'd definitely MAKE time for a toucan! Do they make good pets if socialized well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea JLAP. I think Keeled Bills are endangered now. But most birds now are captive bred and hand fed. Toucans are awesome birds but need large outdoor aviary to keep. Emerald Toucanettes are still available and some other types of Toucans. Are very expensive now though. You will probably pay $2500 to $4000 for a common Toucan now ( fruit loop bird).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used to breed Sun Conures, Jendays & Solomon Island Eclectus - amazing creatures.

There was a lady on the forum a while back who posted some videos of one of her parrots taking a bath. She had a huge number of birds.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2 year old male Yellow Naped Amazon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast