User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Come on out guys ! REAL men don't watch sports.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now to dispel any stereotypes that some who shall remain nameless (but a bat biting guy does come to mind) are gonna start heaving this way.
    I think, but I'm not sure that you're saying that I love sports and I'm going to say how great sports are.

First of all, you're wrong about me. I don't really like sports. It seems it's all about the money now and not about the game. I did watch the superbowl this year, but I don't always. I can't stand to watch baseball or basketball. I despise golf.It's an evil sport.

The only other sport I do love is Nascar, but the powers that control Nascar make it a little less appealing to me every year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you like to watch sports, that's cool. I won't knock anybody for it unless they go crazy with it like getting angry, violent, rioting, etc. I just don't find enjoyment in watching other people play games. Playing them yourself is one thing, but spectating is different. The players on those teams have nothing to do with you other than they play at a certain geographic location of your liking half the time. They have no loyalty to you, only the millions pouring into their bank accounts every year.

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see your point droseraguy. But it is possible to get way to wrapped up into ANYTHING. CP's included. (GASP!!!!!!!) I know, that's blasphemy in some people's books. , but it's true.

There is this guy I work with. He attended half a semester at K-State, flunked out, came home, and has been working at the local plastics factory for the last 15 years. Now, every time he talks about K-State sports, he refers to them as "we". "We didn't do such a good job this weekend." Or, "We have a tough game coming up with Oklahoma this weekend." It absolutely drives me crazy. He didn't graduate from there. He didn't play sports there. But still he refers to K-State sports as "we". That is taking it too far.

I like to watch sports on t.v. Although I am starting to think most professional sports are rigged like WWF and pro-wrestling. lol. On account of the all mighty dollar. But I don't get depressed if the Royals lose. Which is most of the time.

I played sports all through out my childhood. I made a wiffle ball diamond in my backyard, and all my friends and I would get together almost everyday and play in the summer. (go rent "The Sandlot") My dad coached two years of my little league team. Some of my best memories of him are during that time.

My point is, anyone can take any intrest to the extremme.
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CP's included. (GASP!!!!!!!)
    I think that qualifies as treason....

I used to play sports when I was younger...never was really into watching them, except the 89-95 Rockets/Bulls. Basketball should just quit since it's never gunna be that good again! Man, Hakeem The Dream and Clyde The Glide...those were the days....
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I don't understand...how can you stay loyal to one team, such as the Red Sox, when the players are always switching around? Seems like the only thing a team keeps over the years is the name.
    I really find whatching football, baseball, et altera kinda dull, but hey, whatever makes you happy, I bet some people think carnivorous plants are dull (NO! REALLY?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like watching my duaghter(10) play softball and my son(15) play baseball.He's a freshman in high school and he's the starting pitcher for the varsty team!Two years playing for a travling team,100 + games does wonders for one skill.Pro sports are over rated,watching your own kids play is more rewarding.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a sports fan here either. I've never liked sitting down and watching sports, that goes for TV or in the crowds. In high school I enjoyed field and track, but never cared for the popular team sports. I'm actually quite athletic and very active, run a lot and work out regularly, ski and mountain, hike and backpack all the time. People are shocked when they find out I don't care for or have the foggiest idea about sports. (Disclaimer: I did watch 10 whole minutes of the superbowl this year - but got bored and did something else!). Life's too short to be a spectator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only sport I'm into is wrestling..

I used to wrestle in JR high but got out of it when I moved, its weird here, mostly cause the school is to poor to afford a wrestling room. While the JR high gets every thing, i just couldnt wrestle cause their was no way to get to practices.

But i cant sit and watch sports. Ill play them though
    Same thing with Video games, I cant sit and play a game for 2-3 hours, i get bored. Wanna do something REAL.

Get out go hiking, take pictures, explore my yard for ants blah blah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast