What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My website

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
LOL

Are you laughing at my website?

Awesome poolside pic for the bio! 8)

Really cool stuff! I looked for a while, and might even buy a T-shirt!

Capslock

Wow you are an artist for your profession? I was in AP art all through high school, then completed my first year of college as a fine arts major. Thing is I felt like I was paying money to a school to teach me things I already knew how to do, and also so many of my friends who were graduating with art degrees weren't able to pay the bills doing art, and had to work normal day jobs anyway. So I changed degrees figuring if I have to work a normal day job I may as well get a professional-level one, with the intention of freelancing on the side.

Fast forward 10 years I just don't have time for art anymore, but still in the back of my mind it's always been a dream of mine to be able to support myself comfortably by doing artwork. I keep telling myself to get back into it, but somethings always grabbing at my time to prevent me from doing so. I've probably become quite rusty by now! It's such an extremely difficult field to make yourself stand out enough in to actually pull in money. Out of all the people I know who entered the job field as artists, I know of only two that had it work out. One illustrates childrens books. The other does commission work doing custom paint jobs and airbrush scenes on high end autos, boats, and such (and he's doing very well). I got to give you respect for being able to pull it off. I enjoyed fishing around your site. Well done.

Wow you are an artist for your profession?

I'm no artist, but my name is Mark Todd.

Wow... I'm stunned. I knew you were good at photography but this is a whole new kinda thing. You especially captured the beauty of Pam Grier (Foxy Brown), the rugged manlyness of Kurt Russel (Snake Pliskken), and the sweet lines on the Batmobile. I'd proudly wear a T-shirt !

if anybody is interested.

Nope. :-)) You need some better navigation links to scroll between paintings. I didn't realize you were such a comic book fan.

xvart.

I knew you were good at photography

Thats the best joke about this whole thing.

I am far from being good at photography.

I don't know who Pam Grier, Foxy Brown or Snake Pliskken is. The first two sounds familar though.

I especially like your artistry in saying on that website that you grew up in California, went to New York, and then returned west with a wife, herself an artist and a daughter,who's an artist too. I don't think your artist persona shares even the slightest similarity with you and one could think the two halves of Mark Todd have never met.

I especially like your artistry in saying on that website that you grew up in California, went to New York, and then returned west with a wife, herself an artist and a daughter,who's an artist too. I don't think your artist persona shares even the slightest similarity with you and one could think the two halves of Mark Todd have never met.

Because that's not Ozzy.

Draw me some reference scetches :D I can't draw worth beans but can model things well,it's frusterating that I can barely draw.

Come on guys ! Don't think for one minute that our Ozzy would mislead us. He's got some genuine talent and at least one alter ego.

Ok, this has gone on long enough. I thought from the beginning that it would be obvious that is not me. I am so not an artsy person. I am currently working on a website though. I hope to have it ready soon.

Two things I thought would be mentioned but wasn't were two of the pics on the site.

The obvious connection with Ozzy Osbourne.

fiftyfathomsbg.jpg

And the obvious swamp connection with me

swampbg.jpg

Is that a thunderbird?

Sorry if anybody was mislead.

I think it's a joke, if I am assuming correctly, that's his name but not actually his website/art.

Sorta related: the artist Keith Urban is being sued by country musician Keith Urban who wants to be the only one who can have a keithurban.com website even though the artist had the site first and was born with that name and the musician is merely using it as a stage name.

I've been trying and trying to say that in not really my website. LOL

Yoko Ono is also suing Lennon Murphy because she named her band "Lennon"

It's fantastic!

It's not Shag, though :)

Can we at least pretend you're talented then? ;)

Capslock

Back