What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED Grow Lights

I would like to find out if any of you have tried using LED Grow Lights on your carnivorous plants. Do these work well for carnivorous plants? They're awfully expensive but, if they're going to do a good job, I'm tempted to invest in some of them for the extra precious and delicate carnivorous plants like cephalotus...

Here is a link to the product I'm talking about:
http://www.led-grow-master.com/

They are the future of growlights IMO, but they are not worth buying at the moment precisely because they are so new, IMO. Go with T5's instead (or Metal halide, my preference!) Don't get me wrong, they work, but they are so new that a few months after you buy them, they come out with something better and then you're kicking ourself in the butt for not waiting.

Cephalotus isn't that delicate.

I think one of our members here has a website that sells them, but I can't remember who.

I think LED's are the future of all lights. They use very little electricity. I've heard that people have used them for cps and they work very well.

I know TF member, "DaveS" uses them. He has brought some just stunning plants to the NECPS meetings & shows. You might send him a PM.

I use the brand of LED lights that is on LED Growmaster. I have been using LGM3s mostly, but I just started using LGM5s. There is a link there to pictures of my cps.

I cant get the quicktime to playback so I'll try that again in the future on another PC. How many LED Growmasters do you need to cover one sarracenia or nep? They get pretty big and the lights themselves dont look particularly large.

Back