Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: further proof biologists should take geology classes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or not -

"Polar creatures squeaked through last ice age - Studies highlight vulnerability of extreme southern ecosystem."
    http://www.nature.com/news/2008/0802....2008.606.html
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you say the years i gave in the top ten dont matter because you say its a trend not a simple linear trend.....well no chit, the earth has had an overall warming trend for the last 10,000 years with ups and downs like the top ten i gave....its freaking normal. we are hitting a peak in that trend.....just as likely in the next 50-100 years we will start down the other side of the curve and have temperature drop as keep rising..
    Wrong, it's been essentially flat, since we're in an interglacial period, and there is no evidence of any impending cooling.

Where are you getting this crap?

but most of all these tree rings and ice cores show a warming trend BEFORE the industrial revolution.
    Show me a source. A REAL source.

my whole freaking argument isnt that global warming isnt happening its that the natural processes of the earth and solar system contribute to 95% plus of it and man might have as much as 5% involvement in it.
    So, did you simply not read the part where I showed that solar output was NOT increasing, and that the Milankovich cycles did NOT account for the warming?

It's not the sun, and it's not a natural ice-age fluctuation. Those have been proven. What's your proposed cause? What explains the data better than the fact that we've been dumping a known greenhouse gas into the air for 150 years or more?

as i said Mokele.......your missing the forest for the trees.....i aint arguing with yah weither or not global warming is happening.....im arguing the cause...
    I am perfectly well aware of that.

I am also perfectly aware that your proposed causes are incorrect, which is precisely what I have been taking pains to point out.

"You have the right to your own opinions, but not to your own facts." - I forget who. So far, the 'evidence' of your claims has been shown to be wrong. Either get some real evidence, or re-evaluate your position.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rong, it's been essentially flat, since we're in an interglacial period, and there is no evidence of any impending cooling.
    I think he was referring to the Medieval warm period cycling into the Little Ice Age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age), though not by name.

I too would like to see some of your references, rattler.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    working on it Finch......tlod yah why i lost my links.....unfortunatly we are running short staffed at the paper and also was informed by the wife im vollenteering to help with the chamber at the Divisional C Basketball tourney Frida, Saturday and maybe Thursday nights......she hasnt given me any thing on the "honey do" listfor the weekend other than that so i hope to be abletotrack down the stuff i had before on Sat morning.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works for me, actually; I'm going to be out of town until Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokele View Post
    Works for me, actually; I'm going to be out of town until Saturday.
    I hope you don't travel around looking like this. FACT, this is the great Mokele in all his greatness:

Seriously what kind of dragon master uber-nerd are you? WRONG! WRONG! I guess it's true that evolution isn't always advantageous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see anything wrong with how he looks...

BTW what snake is that Mokele??
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see anything wrong with how he looks...
    Neither do Ivy-League schools, I found out today.

BTW what snake is that Mokele??
    A large Brown Tree Snake. The photo was taken during fieldwork in Guam about 3 years ago.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast