What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Murphy's Law Defied

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I was eating breakfast with my wife, enjoying a bagel with cream cheese, when it slipped out of my hand and landed on the floor, under Lynn's chair. And guess HOW it landed. Cream cheese up! That'll never happen again!

Today was a good day my friend...

Buy a lotto ticket too.

Man... I coulda used that kinda luck yesterday. Got a call at 3:15 yesterday about a manhole that was backed up, so I took the jetter (large trailer w/ a 700gal water tank, 475' of hose, and a root cutting device on the end of the hose) to clean the line. Unfortunately... it wasn't roots blocking the line. Darn thing had frozen solid 60' from the manhole for a distance of about 62'. Had to have a septage pumper stand by to pump water from the jetter out of the manhole. It took 7 loads of water. I didn't get home 'til 11:40 last night. Now I know where my luck went, Jim. :poke:

I was eating breakfast with my wife, enjoying a bagel with cream cheese, when it slipped out of my hand and landed on the floor, under Lynn's chair. And guess HOW it landed. Cream cheese up! That'll never happen again!

You never told us if you ate it though........... ???

The outcome would have been different if it was buttered...

He He ! I have had numerous things happen like that :D
Like a 2 gallon jar of apple juice broke from it falling a quarter inch or so it slid from the cutting board onto the counter .
Or the time this or that happened :D

Today was a good day my friend...

Buy a lotto ticket too.

A lotto ticket is the antithesis of "a penny saved, is a penny earned". As it turned out, it was the prelude to bad things associated with my oldest kid and my plant collection. See other topic on 'kid killing plants'!

My geometry teacher used to tell us the lottery is just another tax for people who are bad with statistics.

I look at this way... it takes a bazillion losers to make up one winner. Yeah, it's bad tax for those who involve themselves with it... usually poorer people.

Back