What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Politics politics politicians...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, if you don't like arguing, you can always close the thread yourself.

Oh, and by the way, vote for Hillary or else your children will die in their sleep.

You know, if you don't like arguing, you can always close the thread yourself.

Oh, and by the way, vote for Hillary or else your children will die in their sleep.

1) dont have any 2) no way in hell heres why: 1 she wants to take away more rights "for the better good" and i think she is a horrible leader. she has had no experience and never answers directly. In fact she already knows questions that will be asked because that she sets them up that way. Period. now im not sayin that other political leaders dont do that. But i KNOW she does that. plus shes a woman. i think that with the situation that we are in with the Muslims that will be a sign of weakness in their eyes and encourage their beliefs. I think Connie Rice would be great president so dont call me sexist. I just dont think clinton is ready because of her political views.

Her sex is irrelevant, and we are not in a situation with "the Muslims", we are in a situation with religious fanatics. I think it's, quite frankly, offensive that you would group them together under one term of "the Muslims".

I really didn't expect you to speak that way, to be honest.

I'd be very happy with Obama for a President, I'd just be much happier with Clinton. I would be happiest with Kucinich, but he never had a chance. As long as a Democrat wins, I'll be elated. Clinton just has more experience. Obama seems to be all talk and no action. Big pie in the sky dreams, and no way to realize them. I do wish they both would have voted more.

Please fill me in on her taking away our rights. Last time I checked, the current president had already done that.

Ok allow me to revise.... The Muslims extremists in the middle east that believe we are infidels and should convert to Islam if we want the war to stop. That better? Her sex is relevent in the situation we are in. Maybe to Americans here its not but to those terrorists that hate us it is kind of a big deal. Or could be.

Much better! To be honest, I could care less what the terrorists think of us. I'm proud of our evil land of Satan reputation we have to them, because everything they hate about us, I love. It's unfortunate that they think we are a land of evil; I do hope they'll realize how fantastic democracy and secular life is. It's not evil, it's just not for religious nuts.

We just need to LEAVE. Offer sanctuary to any refugees but get our soldiers out of there. If they want to kill each other, let them, but our people don't belong there. Maybe I'm being insensitive (I totally am) but I'm just sick of their violence and fanaticism. The amount of money we're wasting on that desolate place is ridiculous, especially since we can't even give veterans good medical care! If it weren't for oil, and a personal vendetta of the Bush family on Saddam, we wouldn't be in Iraq.

Her sex is irrelevant
No it's not. Women think with their emotions, not their brains. If someone asks you a policy question at a press conference and you start crying, you are not fit to be the leader of the free world, period. Plus, men have 6.5 times the amount of "gray matter" in their brains as women, which is why we're far better critical thinkers.

nd we are not in a situation with "the Muslims"
Are you blind? It's not Jews or Christians or Odinists or Buddhists trying to destroy Western Civ, it's Muslims. Yeah, religious fanatics are in every religion, but the "fanatics" we're facing now here and in the whole global situation are all Muslim. I'm sick of people sticking up for all of them and trying to pass the blame on just a "select few". Like I said, since the "good" ones aren't getting angry and purging their religion of these backward thinking idiots, they're just as guilty. When a Muslim blows up a bus of innocent people, or shoots some children, or bombs a nightclub, no one gives a damn. When a Danish newspaper publishes a CARTOON they're all up in arms. When they assassinate someone that doesn't want to live in 600BC, none of the Muslims are angry....but when a Western country refuses to give in to their demands, we're "being insensitive" and the only way to show us the light is by killing us. They've really worn my patience out.

If Billary wins, I'm moving to Cambodia.

none of the major candidates are worth a crap.....all variations on the same, be it the elephants or the jack as............................im saying f'it and keeping an eye on my state elections.......they will have a greater impact on my life than the feds.....so long as i keep a governor in office thats willing to tell the feds to take a hike im sitting good...........

well war wise i think we ought to threaten to bury them with a bunch of slaughtered pigs. My friend told me that its against their religion to even touch pork ( same with Judiasm am i right?). I know its not nice or right but its very serious to them.

There was actually an interesting pair of articles in Time Magazine this week, arguing that experience may not be a very good predictor of performance, especially in a crisis. Apparently, Obama actually has roughly the same experience level Lincoln did when he was elected (let's just hope it ends better).

Mokele

My friend told me that its against their religion to even touch pork ( same with Judiasm am i right?)
I heard a story that during I think the Gulf War, some guys were captured by Americans, and were killed with bullets that had been rubbed with pork. They left one guy alive to go back and tell everyone what happened. Apparently if they touch pork, they don't get to see Allah...oh no! Imagine living in a pretend 7th century your whole life for absolutely no reason.

Orthodox Jews can't touch pork, but most Jews born in the past 1 or 200 years don't really care .

For once i agree with you. For the most part..I have several friends who are muslim who feel disgraced by their actions. Granted they are not doin anything about it but they still feel badly about it. I think you speak too broadly about Muslims in general...
No it's not. Women think with their emotions, not their brains. If someone asks you a policy question at a press conference and you start crying, you are not fit to be the leader of the free world, period. Plus, men have 6.5 times the amount of "gray matter" in their brains as women, which is why we're far better critical thinkers.

Are you blind? It's not Jews or Christians or Odinists or Buddhists trying to destroy Western Civ, it's Muslims. Yeah, religious fanatics are in every religion, but the "fanatics" we're facing now here and in the whole global situation are all Muslim. I'm sick of people sticking up for all of them and trying to pass the blame on just a "select few". Like I said, since the "good" ones aren't getting angry and purging their religion of these backward thinking idiots, they're just as guilty. When a Muslim blows up a bus of innocent people, or shoots some children, or bombs a nightclub, no one gives a damn. When a Danish newspaper publishes a CARTOON they're all up in arms. When they assassinate someone that doesn't want to live in 600BC, none of the Muslims are angry....but when a Western country refuses to give in to their demands, we're "being insensitive" and the only way to show us the light is by killing us. They've really worn my patience out.

If Billary wins, I'm moving to Cambodia.

Are you serious with the pig dropping comment? I mean... this is retarded. That would be a hate crime.

Ron, look at the KKK. They are ALL white. They are ALL (AFAIK) Christian. That doesn't mean all white Christians are like that.

Let's hit a little closer to home. Look at what the Nazi's did. Not for one second would I suggest that "The Germans" did that, because they didn't. The Nazi's, who happened to be German, did that, but not "The Germans"

Look at the LDS church. Some are polygamists, yes, but most are not. I would never say "The Mormons are polygamists" because they aren't. There are polygamists who happen to be Mormons, but "The Mormons" are not polygamists.

There was actually an interesting pair of articles in Time Magazine this week, arguing that experience may not be a very good predictor of performance, especially in a crisis. Apparently, Obama actually has roughly the same experience level Lincoln did when he was elected (let's just hope it ends better).

Mokele

and looking back.............i aint a fan of Lincolns either

I heard a story that during I think the Gulf War, some guys were captured by Americans, and were killed with bullets that had been rubbed with pork. They left one guy alive to go back and tell everyone what happened. Apparently if they touch pork, they don't get to see Allah...oh no! Imagine living in a pretend 7th century your whole life for absolutely no reason.

Orthodox Jews can't touch pork, but most Jews born in the past 1 or 200 years don't really care .

My dad told me in WW2 they did what i suggested. I say threaten them with it. make it stop

Are you serious with the pig dropping comment? I mean... this is retarded. That would be a hate crime.

Yes i am quite frankly. It worked in ww2...People are too politically correct nowadays. The govt interferes too much. Screw political correctness. Its war. As far as im concerned there shouldnt be any "rules of war". Thats retarded!! Its WAR not a damned game!!

And just how will dropping pigs help? It will do nothing but get PETA on the Gvmt's case, and piss off the radicals even further, except NOW even non-radicals will be personally offended, as well as Kosher Jews, and a good portion of the US population. Those with any reverence for the culture of others, at least.

Don't you tell me it's a war and not a game,as if I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, when you're the one suggesting, in all seriousness, that we drop pigs.

The KKK was bad, but now they've (for the most part) disbanded. They're nowhere near active anymore because the gov't cracked down so hard on them.

As to the Nazis, that was the Germans fault as well...same kinda situation actually. Haven't you heard that quote where the guy said, "When they came for the Jews I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for the gays I didn't speak up because I wasn't gay. When they came for the Catholics I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholics. When they came for the (whatever that guy was)....there was no one left to speak up for me."
It was something like that, not quoted exactly...haven't heard it in a while.

There are polygamists who happen to be Mormons, but "The Mormons" are not polygamists.
There are also a ton of Africans that are. What's your point? Having 3 wives is a bit different than killing tons of innocent people and wanting to kill more because "god tells you to".

I really hate all 3 Abrahamic religions. Claiming your god is perfect? Let's get serious. Either their respective gods are ignorant or liars, or all their followers are ignorant or liars. The Islamic religion isn't any stupider than the other 2 in theory, its just the fact that they're so violent, and so happy about it. Someone needs to b-smack them back to being able to fit in with the rest of the normal, functioning world like they had been doing for centuries.

If I had to pick a religion it'd be Odinism. At least my god would allow me to enjoy any flavor of meat I wanted. Does your god ride a mutant? Mine does (8 legged horse). Christian heaven: playing a harp and having a halo.....Valhalla: feasting and brawling nonstop, except for pausing to sing drinking songs.

i have no problem with someone having 3 wives if its all consensual...............however, having a wife myself, i must question their mental status.............

The KKK was bad, but now they've (for the most part) disbanded. They're nowhere near active anymore because the gov't cracked down so hard on them.

As to the Nazis, that was the Germans fault as well...same kinda situation actually. Haven't you heard that quote where the guy said, "When they came for the Jews I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. When they came for the gays I didn't speak up because I wasn't gay. When they came for the Catholics I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholics. When they came for the (whatever that guy was)....there was no one left to speak up for me."
It was something like that, not quoted exactly...haven't heard it in a while.

There are also a ton of Africans that are. What's your point? Having 3 wives is a bit different than killing tons of innocent people and wanting to kill more because "god tells you to".

I really hate all 3 Abrahamic religions. Claiming your god is perfect? Let's get serious. Either their respective gods are ignorant or liars, or all their followers are ignorant or liars. The Islamic religion isn't any stupider than the other 2 in theory, its just the fact that they're so violent, and so happy about it. Someone needs to b-smack them back to being able to fit in with the rest of the normal, functioning world like they had been doing for centuries.

If I had to pick a religion it'd be Odinism. At least my god would allow me to enjoy any flavor of meat I wanted. Does your god ride a mutant? Mine does. (8 legged horse)
Again youre getting too broad about Muslims..
And if i remember right the vikings had to KILL to get to Valhalla (Hall of the dead who died in battle and were fit to fight in ragnarok) and that included innocent people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back