What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gary Gygax Passes Away

The man who co-created the Dungeons & Dragons game and pretty much put role-playing games on the map, passed away today. I can not even fathom how many authors and other people of imagination were influenced by this man.
Sad day for me indeed, as that game has been responsible for keeping me sane over some stressful years(as well as bottoming out my GPA my first year in college, lol).

Cheers,

Joe

Some of my fondest memories are ones created in the fantasy worlds of the D&D game my friends and I played off and on for a decade. A sad day indeed. That is a very fitting comic, Mokele. You are all sitting at a table at the local inn...

xvart.

edit: I just did a little more reading and found this comment especially humorous:

Coverage of Mr. Gygax's passing has been remarkable, as I think the industry he worked with touched more lives than many would care to admit
Found at http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/index.htm

Back