What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if our paper covered the national primaries..........

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
i would so steal this headline........

top.jpg

Yeah, that mental image just may put me off permenetly.......... [shudders]

000toiletflush.gif

All humor/vomiting aside; I've been saying this for a while now. I'd LOVE to see Obama run for Pres with Hillary as VP.

Hillary is a hard-reared woman. Democrats are notoriously... floppy. I'd love to see her as the leader of the Senate whoopin' people, keeping them in line. I think it'd be advantageous to have her as VP in regards for foreign affairs, as well.

But having it backwards with Obama as VP and Hillary is Pres... That could be ugly.

best EVER
still don't like either of them.

Your right Est, Obama as VP still puts him backseat to Mr. Bill. I can imagine the arguments already.

We can solve this problem simply by voting McCain

We can solve this problem simply by voting McCain

in all actuality that solves lil McCain, Hillary and Obama are extreamly alike..........enough to the point i really hope Ron Paul runs third party.........i dont think i can bring myself to vote for any of the those three.........

hahaha awsome!

Ron Paul doesn't have a chance, but he sure is cute, just like a little kid. I mean look at him. He's adorable. Like a little elf.

I'm happy McCain got the nomination. Huckabee was a religious nut. Or I shouldn't say better, but rather least worst. He still horrible. He supported leaving gay marriage issues up to the states, yet also supported to ban it in his home state. He also does not support civil unions. I mean even other republicans support civil unions, but he doesn't. That's pretty bad. He also supports Don't Ask Don't Tell, citing that it's working. How can he say it's working when there's not anything to work or fail with that program in the first place? That's like saying "My breakfast isn't working." I think our soldiers are secure enough with their own sexuality to coexist, and even befriend, gays in the military. Or maybe McCain doesn't give them enough credit. He also doesn't support RVW. He also does not support Gvmt. funding for birth control and sex education, just abstinence. Got news for ya, abstinence isn't a realistic option because teenagers like to have sex, and they should know about birth control (although how they don't already know about it is beyond me. Their parents, as well as public schools, should inform them.)

He does support stem cell research, so that's good. Doesn't really make up for his homophobia and lack of caring for women's rights, though. And don't get me wrong, Obama doesn't support gay marriage, either. No, instead he supports Civil Unions, which are separate but equal, and as an educated man with common sense, and especially a black man, I'm astonished that he would support anything that's separate but equal. Then again, he does support the decriminalization (one step closer to legalization!) of Marijuana (which would make in legal De facto, and we all know it) , and that's an issue very important to me. Almost important as the gay marriage, abortion, and stem cell research issues. Why alcohol, which can be dangerous and addictive, is legal, yet MJ, which can never, ever kill or develop a physical addiction (since anything, including shopping, gambling, and sex can develop a psychological addiction to predisposed individuals) is not, is beyond me. He also supports the latter two in the previous sentence.Ditto with Clinton, but unfortunately she does not support decriminalization of Marijuana. She does, as anyone with common sense would, support medical MJ and would end raids. She does not support keeping flag burning legal, and her bill would include one year in jail and a fine of 100 grand. That is absurd. That's just ridiculous. I mean...... that's really, really excessive.

So no one is perfect, but Obama OR Hillary would be great choices. I'd be very proud to have either as a president, and it would make me support our government once again. I do, however, FIRMLY believe that gay marriage and pot will be legalized in my lifetime. I'm going to smoke at my wedding, and you're all invited! We'll use the Liberty Bong!

Clint.............i honestly dont think Ron Paul will win.....however i want him to run so ppl can vote for himcause this will cause very interesting ripples through both parties. in all reality McCain isnt a republican he is a democrat, so in my mind i really dont give a flip which wins.....all three will yank my guns away just as fast as the other........actually really hope McCain doesnt win cause that just going to cause serious changes to the republican party making it extreamly similar to the current democratic party. at which time what is the point of two parties?

i dont want Ron Paul on the ballot cause i think he will win, i want him on the ballot cause of the changes its likely going to make for the better in this countries politcal system in future elections due to the shock it should give both parties...........that there is a significant portion of the US populace that are sick of both parties......and this portion is likely to grow before it shrinks........its not a majority yet......but it very well could be in the next 10-12 years

How can you call him a democrat? Did you read my post? Lol. Maybe when it comes to fiscal policies, but in all honesty, I could care less about fiscal policies of politicians (I almost exclusively care about social issues ) so I don't keep up to date with his policies on that.

but it all ties together Clint........your willing to elect someone because their social issue views match your own but refuse to look at financial issues to see if they are going to spend like there is no tomorrow like Bush and f'up this country as a whole........if your looking at the president in order to get your social issues through that you want you are really confused about our government process..........you should care less about who is running for president and more about who is running for congress......congress has more power than the president when it comes to all this.............

Well, the truth is I don't really care. Bush did go crazy spending: on the war (which would have been an issue I cared about) As far as fiscal issues, if I hear one of the candidates say something, I'll think "Well, that's good." or "Well, that's bad." but it doesn't influence my vote at all. I'm almost exclusively interested in social issues, and there's no way I'd vote for someone who has thrifty fiscal policies, but who's social values don't match my own. In other words, a Republican.

Only case scenario I could ever vote for a republican was if they promised to legalize (federally ) gay marriage and/or MJ. I don't ever see a republican doing that. I could see myself voting for a third party, if I ever thought they had a chance in hell of winning, and that's something else I don't see happening in our two party system. Not that I'm complaining about our two party system; doesn't bother me.

with any of the top 3 candidates i dont see fiscal responsibility getting any better.......on social issues you are much better off looking at your senators and representatives, as well as getting stuff passed through the state and make sure you have a governor willing to go toe to toe with the feds on states rights...............for what your looking for Clint you really shouldnt be looking at the president........you should look at your state........

Every candidate claims to want to spend spend spend, but that is because everyone is asking for money and candidates tell them what they want to hear, because if they are honest (McCain admitted the car jobs were not coming back to Michigan and Detroit when he campaigned there, and Romney said they could come back. Guess who won) they dont get very far. Talk is cheap, the only way to really see how they do is if they are in office.

*rolls dice*

snake eyes...

Don't assume I won't be voting in the upcoming state elections :) Now that I'm 18 I'm going to vote every chance I get.

Don't assume I won't be voting in the upcoming state elections :) Now that I'm 18 I'm going to vote every chance I get.

actually i figured you were....................the thing is most ppl, young or old, focus so much of their attention on the presidential race that they dont spend the time to find out about their senators or representatives that are up for election..........in all reality its the ppl in congress that do most of the moving and the shaking..........its your congress men and women who bring up the gay marriage and marijuana laws.........look at it this way, every state(i believe every, if im wrong please tell me) that has put medical marijuana up for a vote has voted for it. i know Montana passed it by a 2 to 1 margin........yet the feds still claim its a dangerous drug. i know the feds have asked several times for the list of medical marijuana users in the state. my governor has told them hell no, its none of their business and flat refuses to hand it over. this national ID card thing, where no one knows for sure what its going to be used for and no one in the government can tell yah, but they want it. my governor along with several others have stood up and said no, we arent doing that. you cant tell us what your using it for, we arent going along with it.

granted the 17th Amendment really screwed over the states power over the federal government but if you really and truely want this stuff, quit looking twords a president who really has little bearing on it, look twords your state officials and your federal congress ppl.......they have more to do with what you want than the president.

right now we are looking a three candidates for president that are so similar it is unreal. unless your going to have basically either way a democratic president and a democratic congress.........historically this country has always done its poorest when there the president and the congress are off the same party, things are usually better for the American ppl when the president and the congress are fighting and not getting anything done. look what Bush pushed through when the repubs were the majority......we got the dang No Child Left Behind and Patriot Acts...........two absolute horrid pieces of legislation....had the congress been democrats, there would have prolly been enough bickering to stop them cold........

of any election year this is the one to vote third party. the republican candidate and either of the two democratic candidates are so much alike it really doesnt matter to this country who wins........but if enough ppl vote third party, especially if it happens to be Ron Paul, its going to shake both parties to their very core, and should set in motion changes that will lead to a better government in the future........quite honestly i think this country is screwed for the immediate future no matter who gets in, thats including the million to one shot that Ron Paul got the presidency.............but if enough ppl show the current two parties that are so much alike anymore that a good portion of the public is unhappy with the current two parties, than i truely think things will get better in the future...........

i flat out refuse to vote for McCain in November.......i dont care if i like him just a lil bit better than the other two............he is not who i want running this country and his type are not the type i want to see rising to the top of the republican party...........cause if he is the cream of the crop in the republican party than we have basically only got one major party in this country, not two...............

Back