What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet rat's artwork sells for over $3,500

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
This is a video news story on CNN about a pet rat that 'produces' art work.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/03/05/anscombe.uk.rat.art.itn

I'm curious to hear people's reaction to this story. (The ending is the best part, watch it to the end)

While I appreciate art, and believe that it is a skilled talent, I do have limits to what I feel art qualifies as. Personally I feel things like this discredit the art community.

In addition, I'm curious how many people have the same reaction to our own community when they find out how much money we would drop on a rare Nepenthes as I did for this.

Nate

I guess people can call any piece of garbage art so long as they have some convoluted story about how it's "art".
Infact, the harder you work at something, the more craft that goes into your work, the less "true arteests" and the critique community will say your work is art. So I guess this rats garbage collection is as much art as any of the garbage in the worlds art galleries! :)

That is one big behind rat!!! WOW

Well...I did have to laugh at the end.

If she likes those things I could probably roust up a few more of those for her. All I have to do is put out birdseed and I get rats. :-/

yeah! thats one fat rat.

huge but artistic in a animalish sort of way

In a year and a half, his artwork should double in value. You can also find free artwork in any New York city garbage dumpster.

i had a pet rat.........gave him scrambled eggs and honey baked ham as treats on a semi regular basis...........he was prolly the same length as that one, but weighted prolly half as much......what in the hell does she feed it?

LOL

My rats aren't no where near as fat either.

hey if people will buy it who cares if its trash.

LOL

My rats aren't no where near as fat either.

as active as rats are.......you almost have to try and feed one the wrong stuff to get one that fat.......all the ones i had were highly active, burned lots of calories......the odd fattening treat didnt seem to affect them in the slightest........she must feed it lard...........

My pal Andy had a huge rat like that named "Doggie" he was big when they got him from someone else. He escaped one night and was attacked by his ferret so it only had one eye. A big fat, one-eyed rat! He was a friendly rat but he was so fat I had a latent fear he might pop someday while I held him!

what the hell? i guess thats the english for ya... (that was meant with humor no offense meant im sorry if i did)

My pal Andy had a huge rat like that named "Doggie" he was big when they got him from someone else. He escaped one night and was attacked by his ferret so it only had one eye. A big fat, one-eyed rat! He was a friendly rat but he was so fat I had a latent fear he might pop someday while I held him!

"Do one thing every day that scares you"
- Eleanor Roosevelt

People and their stupid pets....
That art looks like something I made in middle-school to illustrate how dinosaur footprints were made.

That art looks like something I made in middle-school to illustrate how dinosaur footprints were made.

And you threw it away... could have had $3500 in your pocket right now buck-o.

:headwall: :headwall:

hell if thats are ill start sellin half eaten apples and burgers etc...ill make a million by next month!!!

haha or make pictures of virgin mary on toast with a sodering iron and then sell it on E-bay
hahaha remember that it sold for like 1 million.

Back