Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cool way to get rid of pests/bugs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool way to get rid of pests/bugs

We've all probably dealt with some sort of bug infestation on our CPs at some point, and tried to find a pesticide that will kill the pest but not the plant.

Check this out:
    http://www.vivariumforum.com/?q=terr...de-problem-co2

Simple, effective, easy, clean. I'm a bit embarrassed I didn't think of this myself.

Mokele
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. What a tremendous idea. Somebody should market it. Wanna go into business?
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep it works, been tested several times by individuals on Dendroboard........main issue is if its a heavy infestation of critters you cant easily remove you might have an unsightly but temporary explosion of that harmless but crappy looking white fuzzy fungus as it breaks down the dead critters.....other than that no known side effects.........just make sure you remove your critters first also keep the cups with dry ice away from tender hard to replace plants......place it where you have pothos or similar growing where you dont mind if you frost bite a few leaves.......unless you have a large open space with no plants you will likely frostbite a few leaves
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my favorite part:

Few things to remember: Make sure that you are in a ventilated room... You don't want to do yourself in, although you'd probably start gasping for air first.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So...in doing this, you'd only have to worry about the plants getting too cold...and inhaling too much CO2?
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a great idea, in fact, I'm using it to eliminate termites and mice from my house as I type. I was able to get 1000 lbs of the stuff and I have chunks in every room and it's misty and way cool. Actually, getting kind of cold. My allergies must be acting up too; I'm kind gasping and now everything's getting kind dim anddd ghjkl...
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche