What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aero Garden

Does anyone have one of these? There is a pack that has mint so could you use that to plant without that system. $150 to me seems like a lot to have to grow mint.

You can buy packets of seed for the aero garden at the shop next to the kits so you won't have to buy the whole thing.

Yeah but can they grow seperate from that thing?

You've got to be kidding right?

I don't know how that thing works.

all it is is hydroponics......growing the plants without soil............they grow just as well in soil.....taste better when grown in soil to

So there is seeds in that little thing you put in the aero garden?

in general hydroponics is a pain in rear...............in soil you generally have about a week to fix a problem.............in hydro you have 6-24 hours depending on the issue and the plants involved........there is no way in heck i would trust expensive and rare CP's to hydro......atleast without a battery back-up.....a 24 hour power outage means dead plants.......in theory if your growing Mexi pings in pure Schultz Aquatic Plant Soil in a tray your actually growing them in a simple hydroponic system.........to my knowlege the AeroGarden isnt a simple hydroponic system.......its one of the more involved ones that can mean big problems if something goes wrong

Just don't grow mint (mentha) from seeds, especially peppermint. Mint is propagated vegetatively, as the seed-grown plant is almost invariably of inferior quality.

Just don't grow mint (mentha) from seeds, especially peppermint. Mint is propagated vegetatively, as the seed-grown plant is almost invariably of inferior quality.

Well that kinda sucks because I actually found just mint seeds today at a local garden center. First time I've seen just mint. For $2 I'll try it out. Anyone know if they go dorment and come back if they do?

Each seed has different genetics, you may hit upon a good variety or you may not, if you get a winner, just keep it going with cuttings, no need to worry yourself too much!

so whats he going to do with the inferior mint? you ever tried to remove an established mint patch? the last one i had started growing into the lawn.........after several removal attempts, we gave up and just started mowing it as part of the lawn..........they are generally an extreamly hardy perennial, even up here in the frozen north

Back