What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy Crap! $$$ Plant!

My spidey senses are tingling. Look at the bidders list and their similarly funky names. Something about this ain't legit.

aint saying your right......aint saying your wrong...............but look at the names on this forum.....alot of ppl use the same name everywhere.............look at names such as "JustLikeAPill"....who in the hell thinks up these things? :grin:

a***o
n***o
1***u
a***k
and the list goes on. All these bidders have names with 1 character followed by 3 asterisks and another character. No way this is coincidence. Something stinks here.

Most likely, it's because he pissed off someone (called one of his buyers a deadbeat and a loser), so this buyer made up a whole bunch of accounts to screw with his auction. Now he's got a huge ebay fee to pay.

Last edited:
actually- i think it is ebays policy now to hide user names :) Look at other auctions.
Andrew

eBay is no longer showing the full bidder name on the listings. They seem to go back and forth on how much they'll reveal about bidders.

Yep! lol Ebay motors still does though... kinda odd.

And here I was thinking the money plant was beets.

hell...i got mine for 20$... if they are as insanely vigorous as has been said....this could be a real money maker!!! bahaha!!

however. lowii x truncata dosent surprise me. and even then a N. x trusmadiensis cutting went for over 1000USD when sold on eBay. lowii x truncata one of the "legendary" hybrids. something that is so incredible that...well its crazy.

Alex

My spidey senses are tingling. Look at the bidders list and their similarly funky names. Something about this ain't legit.

I thought that maybe I was paranoid by thinking this and now, after typing a large paragraph about what I've observed while investigating this, all I had to do was click on the ? next to the bidder's name and I got this message from ebay:

To keep eBay a safe place for buyers, member-specific information is not displayed. Each bidder is assigned an anonymous name, that is used consistently throughout the bid history for an item.

So there we go. And here I thought we'd stumbled upon some elaborate ebay bid hiking ring. Oh well...maybe next time.

And apparently everybody else figured that out in the time it took me to type that last post!

aint saying your right......aint saying your wrong...............but look at the names on this forum.....alot of ppl use the same name everywhere.............look at names such as "JustLikeAPill"....who in the hell thinks up these things? :grin:

They must be pretty deranged, whoever they are. At least I left some things up to the imagination. I could have names myself "TotallyStoned"

Oh wait, that's taken. Contrary to popular belief, my screen name is actually the name of a song by Pink.

Back