What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy Crap! $$$ Plant!

I do not know eather to laugh:-)) or stare :0o: ........ Thats just insane.....

I saw that too and it blew my mind. What I find even more insane is that an unrooted cutting of thorellii x aristo just went for $81!! That is insane to me...

I saw that too and it blew my mind. What I find even more insane is that an unrooted cutting of thorellii x aristo just went for $81!! That is insane to me...

hell...i got mine for 20$... if they are as insanely vigorous as has been said....this could be a real money maker!!! bahaha!!

however. lowii x truncata dosent surprise me. and even then a N. x trusmadiensis cutting went for over 1000USD when sold on eBay. lowii x truncata one of the "legendary" hybrids. something that is so incredible that...well its crazy.

Alex

thorellii x aristo is hyper vigorous. I have a 1m vine and a .5m vine right now and looking at them I admit I see $ signs...

IIRC I paid $40 for my lowii x truncata...

I saw this a while ago, and honestly didn't think it would go for more than 300. 350 tops.

. lowii x truncata one of the "legendary" hybrids. something that is so incredible that...well its crazy.

Alex

What makes this one so special? I'll admit I slobbered over the keyboard when I first saw the listing, but I guess this goes back to the whole supply and demand thing.

Hell of a nice plant though.

It'd be nice if the winner was on TF and a cutting was prepared for the auction this summer. That'd be a lovely gesture to help out the cause.

My goal is to remake this hybrid if I happen to come up with a female lowii and I can get them to bloom at the same time. Will it ever happen who knows. Maybe EP would remake it before then, but who knows. This plant is nice, but I don;t think it is rare enough to go for 612, but obviously the guy who bought it did.

the guy started bidding at $50...............so its the bidders and not the seller.........i wouldnt pay more than maybe $150 for it if i had the money to blow........but thats me.......

Anyone else other than me think that is a Nepenthes tattoo on his forearm?

-Nate

I simply love the enthusiasm and excitement throughout the description, lol. I wonder how much it would go for if it was just one growth. How much could be made back if the winner did divide it and resell it?

xvart.

Unrooted cuttings can go for $100-150.

If it was my plant, I don't think I'd resell anything unless it made basals. The reason why I really like this plant is that is can grow in warm temperatures! Same deal with N. Predator. I'll get mine in 4-8 years! Can't wait for that! Really, anything crossed with N. truncata will be a good plant.

What's the deal with Predators? Are they not available anymore or what? That is high up on my "need to have" list.

the 'Predators" were seed grown plants.............to my knowledge its not in TC

The predators are just great and where can you find one? If you get a chance scoop it up!

Wow, I like CP's, and neps in specific, but I'll be damned before I'd lay out that kinda dough for a plant. Oh well, good on the seller, Ebay worked for him!

Ludwig has this same cross, and it is just absolutely amazing. It's so very colorful and huge. His plant has like 2 foot long leaves and is about 4 or 5 feet tall. If I had money to just blow on plants, I probably would have bid on that one too lol.

My spidey senses are tingling. Look at the bidders list and their similarly funky names. Something about this ain't legit.

If it was my plant, I don't think I'd resell anything unless it made basals.

Oh yeah, I doubt I'd even sell/trade the basals (except maybe in the NASC option). Just think of a huge bush of these bad boys. That would be unbelievable.

This is my favorite line in the whole listing:

AUUGGGGHH!!!!!

Folks... Im being serious now for a minute... If you ever... and I mean YOU EVER wanted to drop a load of cash on a plant... FOLKS.. THIS IS THE TIME!!

lmao, "folks."

xvart.

Back