What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS wins many awards at big Flower Show

Hello friends and fellow NECPS members,

I am pleased to announce that the NECPS bay window display won several prestigious awards at the 137th New England Spring Flower Show, which are:

1. FIRST PLACE (blue ribbon) among bay window displays.

2. NATIONAL GARDEN CLUBS MEDAL FOR HORTICULTURE: An award to be given, if merited, once during the show to the exhibit judged to be the finest in the Horticulture Division. The winning exhibit must be a blue ribbon winner, scoring 95 points or more in a major non-standard Flower Show. A panel of NCSGC Accredited Flower Show Judges determine this award, which is presented by the President of the GCFMA.

3. CULTURAL CERTIFICATE OF THE MASSACHUSETTS HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY: Awarded to growers of plants, flowers, fruits or vegetables which show evidence of unusually skillful cultivation.

Congratulations must be given to the volunteers who donated their time and plants to this great success, namely:
Shaun Montminy (project coordinator)
John Phillip
Ken Sicard
Priscilla Purinton
Emily Troiano
Bill Matthews
Matt Opel
Jeff Matteson
Bonnie Lambert
Glen Lord

Pictures will be available soon on our website.

Everyone nearby should consider attending the show and seeing our awarded display.

Best Regards,

Ken
Secretary, NECPS

awesome! does anyone know if Mr. Phillip posts here? or anywhere?

congrats you guys!

Alex

I bet Priscilla put in her bat-eating miranda...
Congrats!

Great job to all of you !!

Thanks!

I don't think John posts on this or any other forum, but several NECPS members do.

Ken

Congratulations! That is really awesome! Those are some major awards. That is really wonderful to get CPs promoted like that. Hopefully more awareness = more knowledge = more effort towards keeping all CPs thriving on our planet.

Big hearty pat on the back to everyone who worked on that. Can't wait to see pics.

Back