What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inspired by jimscott... useful to everyone! New feature :)

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Okay, another new feature :)

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT WORK IN QUICK REPLY!

Saved drafts of new threads, replys, reply PMs and new PMs... Details below.

Drafts are saved and restored in the following manner. One new thread per forum, one reply per thread, one PM reply per PM and one new PM. If a saved post/thread/PM is found, the text is automatically restored to the reply field when you return to the page. So to restore a thread, you just visit the New Thread page in the forum in which it was being written, it will be there waiting.

To manual save, just select "save draft" below where you're typing.

Also, it will AUTO SAVE if you type longer than 8 mins and will save a new copy every 3 mins after that... so this will automatically cover those long posts... or if you walk away and leave it open.

Drafts are saved for 7 days then automatically deleted (all settings are subject to change)

Hope that helps you out ;)
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Andrew

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT WORK IN QUICK REPLY!

I think I misundrstood the restoring part. I went to the Inbox and clicked the message I saved as a draft. I can't find it. What did I do wrong?

If you saved a draft of a reply PM... You go to your inbox and click reply to that message again and the PM will automatically restore...

If you saved a draft of a new PM, go back to "new pm" and it will automatically restore.

If you save a draft of a topic reply, go back into that topic, and hit "post reply" (will not work in quick reply) and it will automatically restore.

If you save a new topic draft, go back to "new topic" and it will automatically restore.

Does that help? It may take some getting used to, but it's a neat feature :)
Andrew

Last edited:
Okay, that worked just fine. Thanks! Just what I was looking for.

Good, glad it's working out!
It would be nice to hear from all the people this "saves" when you're typing those long responses, and some how your text is "gone" just to go back and find it was (or at least some/most of it) saved and restored :)
Anderw

Back