What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recipes for your enjoyment.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Granola

1 cup Oatmeal
¼ cup Flax Seed Meal
2 to 3 egg whites (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla flavoring (mix in egg whites) (optional)
½-3/4 cup Splenda
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
2 scoops Protein Powder (optional)
¼ cup Raisins, Cranberries, or dried blueberries or mixture of all
You can add nuts also

Mix Splenda, cinnamon, & protein powder together
Mix the ingredients together and spread on a cookie sheet.
Set the oven on bake at 350! Cook granola 10 min take out mix it around & bake 10 more min! Cook more if you want crunchy granola!

Oatmeal Pancake

1/2 cup or 1 cup Oatmeal
1/4 cup Flaxseed (optional)
2 to 5 egg whites - beaten (depends on how much oatmeal you use)
Splenda
Cinnamon
Strawberries or Blueberries
Mix together and pour in pan just like cooking a pancake!

Colorful Bean Salsa

1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
(drain and rinse both cans)
2 cans white shoe peg corn
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeño, chopped

3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Splenda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Josh's variation because I think it was a little too sweet the other way.

1 cup vinegar
1/3 cup veg oil
1/3 cup Splenda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Combine together: vinegar, oil, Splenda, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cool.
Mix veggies with liquid mix. Serve with tortilla chips. Scoops work the best. Enjoy!

Heart Attack Cookies

1 cup raisins
3/4 cup water

Boil raisins for 5 min. Save. Drain juice. Set Both aside for later.

Mix all together.
1 cup sugar
2 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp flaxseed ground (optional)

Add raisins and 6 tbsp raisin juice and stir well

Roll into balls. Then roll in sugar to coat them. Flatten on cookie sheet and Bake @ 350 degrees for 10-12 min Enjoy

Oriental Salad

One bag Cole slaw
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup slivered Almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 packages of oriental ramen noodles
1/2 cup sugar or Splenda
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil/vegetable oil

Mix sugar, vinegar, oil, noodle seasoning into a container.
Crumble ramen noodles and mix with other dry ingredients.
Mix dressing with dry ingredients and Cole slaw before serving.
Enjoy

Bran Muffin recipe Very good recipe. Don't over cook and they are nice and moist. Makes a lot so use a large bowl!!

4 eggs, beaten (or use the equivalent in egg beaters)
1 quart buttermilk
5 tsp baking soda
1 cup white sugar/Splenda
2 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup ground flax seed
1 cup applesauce
2 cups raisins
2 tsp vanilla
1 box all bran cereal (not the bran buds)
5 cups flour - 3 wheat, 2 white

Mix and store in fridge in air tight container. Let stand 2 days before using
Keeps 6 weeks.
Bake @ 400 degrees in a greased muffin pan for 15-17 min.

Enjoy

Sweet & Crunchy Snack Mix

2 cups Pecan Halves (unsalted) can use almonds or other nuts of choice or a mix.
1 egg white (Beaten)
1 cup Splenda
2 tsp Cinnamon
cap full Vanilla

Beat egg white & vanilla
Add egg whites to nut mix
Mix together Splenda & cinnamon
Coat nuts with Splenda & cinnamon mix
Bake @ 300 degrees for 30 min stirring every 10 min.

Enjoy

I have tried everything except the oatmeal pancakes and that is just because I haven;t gotten around to making them yet. All is good. The oatmeal Heart attack cookies a better with sugar than splenda.

What...are you trying to get everyone to eat healthy or something?? Thar's FLAX SEED in them thar recipes!

:)

That is optional. Yet it is good for you! Yes I got these from a health nut. And they are good to be good for you!!!

I like getting new recipes and trying the out.

heart attack cookies that doesn't sound healthy.

Anybody like Chicken Curry? I've developed a killer recipe! I absolutely loooovvvveeee cooking!

Josh is changing his ways. He's even moving to Minnesota to become a liberal. But you probably already knew that after he posted a heart attack cookie recipe that includes oatmeal and flaxseed.

chicken currey?
how about cayenne pepper on everything.
it makes your lips burn when you take a shower later,has never burned coming out.

Printed these out for my wife, she loves cooking new things and trying to get me to eat healthy !

I absolutely hate cooking, but I emailed these recipes to some co-worker ladies that love to cook and try new and different things; sooooo THANKS!!

The heart attack cookies are for patients who have had a heart attack. They have no eggs in them so they are better for you!

I would love to try the Chicken Curry recipe!! Please! I want to try it.

And Bruce just FYI My GF is a republican and I think you already know i am one, Although Clint calls me a libertarian. She is a social worker and self professed Republican.

Nothing wrong with eating healthy and so that is a good thing, but I dunno about going liberal. LOL I liked Obama in the beginning, but I dunno anymore, and Hilary is just the devil incarnated. So this is a recipe thread not a political one so bring me the Chicken Curry recipe Davey Jones!!!

Fryster: Is that a picture of Blondie? And didn't I see the lyrics of a Queen song? Bohemeian Rhapsody?

Recipes... find one for a healthy cheesecake! :-D

May as well add to the post, since those are great!

Anyone else here like winter squash? Try THIS one on:

3lbs winter squash (I use butternut, but you could use acorn or hubbard, too) cubed
1/4 cup maple syrup OR brown sugar (NOT both - that would be TOO sweet)
1/2 stick of butter (four tablespoons)
1 1/2 cups raisins
1/2 to 1 table spoon ground ginger (depending on how gingery you like stuff)

pam a frying pan and add squash

why squash is starting to cook, melt butter in a bowl and mix in ginger and syrup

Pour over the sqash

add raisins

cook covered over medium-high heat until squash is tender (~15 minutes, depending on how big the squash cubes are), stirring occaisonally to prevent sticking, and to ensure even dispersal of sause.

This, in case you're wondering, is my own recipe.

Yeah!! More more more recipes!! he he.

I will look Jim! I am sure i can get you some recipes for other good deserts but not necessarily good for you. LOL My GF's Family is HUGE on deserts and there have been some things to die for since I started going up there. LOL

Yum! I love curry.

I don't have a recipe exactly because I made this up (Curried chicken salad) but I marinated some some skinless chicken breasts in a little lime juice, curry powder, salt, ground pepper; then seared, cooled and cubed. Added a container of low-fat, plain yogurt (drained to thicken), chopped celery, Craisins, pecan pieces (pan roasted with a touch of butter and salt), little bit of mayonnaise, and more curry/salt/pepper to taste. It was really good. You get a cool crunch from the celery, saltiness from the pecans and a touch of sweet from the Craisins. My friend, who has always said she HATES curry, tried and loved it. I had to make a second batch for her.

how about chai yah which in vietnamese means egg rolls! or viet pancake!

Back