What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OMG YES! Accepted to UC Davis!

• Thread starter cprus
  • Start date

cprus

BANNED
Just found out at 2:31am, yes I'm up still..., that I got accepted into UC Davis for Entomology. Exciting times...here's hoping my fiancee got in for Psych. We did the TAG agreements, which basically is, well, a guarantee if you keep up with your contract. So yay!!:boogie: :boogie:

Well done ! Congrats to both of you.

Congratulations... and happy bugging!

Good job! MA, PhD, other?

Thanks everyone...oh yeah, I'm going all they way to PhD eventually for the big bucks. haha

Congrulations! That is awesome. You should go into forensic entomology. That would be cool. :)

Sweet! Congratulations! :beer:

Forensic Entomology is actually heavily favored by me right now, I just have to really get over my fear of maggots. Of all insects, the larval stages of flies, bees, moths, and butterflies still creep me out a little...sad but true. :-(

Congrats! I always thought that would be a very interesting field to work in.

Wow! What an opportunity. If insect larvae creep you out be thankful you're not in parasitology.

Yay! Fiancee was accepted too!!:boogie:

Go celebrate! Buy a new plant! :D

All you bugs out there....you better watch out!

I've considered sending my body to the Body Farm when I croak.

Congratulations. I worked for a university entomology department for the last 1/2 of 1990 and thought it was fascinating. Davis is a premier school for anything like that, so you've done well.

By the way, PAK, that's quite a cheery thought. How much of the day do you spend considering things like that?

Congratulations! Maybe you can pull pupae out of people's throats, a la Silence of the Lambs style.

Congrats; my current adviser did his post-doc out there.

Congrats! :) Yeah i have an aversion to maggots too, which is unfortunate since i'm going into vet medicine :p I don't know what it is, they're really not overly interesting animals (small tubular eating machines... just like caterpillars, which are cute!) but they're just SO gross!!!!

Best of luck!!!

CONGRATS

buy your self a nep as a reward!

or just buy one any ways.

I like myrmecology, ants are my favorite! Im going to college for photography, freelance at first, but would LOVE to make it into wildlife photography, taking as many insect photos as I possibly can.

Back