0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did serve food at my family's restraunt but no pay if that counts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work at a data service company, they print personalized bank statements, 401K summaries, hospital bills, etc. then my department inserts them into envelopes on these big bell & howell inserter machines. It's boring and it's 12 hour shifts (I start at 4 pm and work til 4 am) but it's only busy all day on the business quarter end months (Jan, April, July, Oct) otherwise it's just a few jobs a night, usually between 1000-10,000 pieces filtering up from the print room so I spend a lot of time reading or writing/drawing or just going home early to get on with my hobbies.

The pay is better than I've ever made before and I only gotta work 2 days on, 2 off, 2 on 2 off... so I'm never there long enough for it to suck real bad like the other jobs I've had where you work 5 days a week. I've been at this outfit for six years and it's been pretty fine. The "worst part" is having to work every other weekend due to the on off schedule but I don't go to weekend parties anymore so it's only a psychological thing of "having to work the weekends" I'm not really missing out on anything.

I'm definately ruined by this place if I had to work at a fast paced mail room like the ones I used to work at when I was a youngster, I'm only 32 but too old and slow for all that palletizing catalogs and running around bagging junk mail anymore!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in the shipping/receiving department(aka warehouse) of a small oil-tool wholesale company. The benefits for part-time rock! (paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sickdays, and $2000 a semester for good-enough grades). But that's pretty much the only thing keeping me there. Been there for 3 years this week.

Basically, we receive stuff(gauges, thermometers, clamps, things like that) in bulk, stock it(or non-stock it if its specialized), then ship it out. We also do grunt labor(putting up heavy things for the ladies, changing lightbulbs, etc.).

It's good work, but its not really my thing.

I'll be ready for a change before too long here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in digital R&D at Kodak.
    making your pictures look better!

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a pilot for a 'regional' airline. Dunno why they still call them regionals, we fly coast to coast, into canada, the carribean, and mexico. I have a very love/hate relationship with this job/lifestyle. Wish I never went into this field to be honest, but I've been doing it for so long I'm painted into a corner. So don't get me started or I'll type a 2000 word summary! I'll sum it up by saying they work me like a [bad word] dog. My avatar is an actual picture of me taken hard at work. Who knows, with the economy diving and airlines threatening imminent furloughs I may on the street by years end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work for the state and I'm here to help.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh... alas, I work for an insurance agency. Very *yawn* boring *yawn* job. That is why I am on here during many days. I also write books and screen plays, only as a hobbyist not as a profession, but it is what I occupy my free time with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... Escrow Officer. :-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast