Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good computer?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I can clearly see that everyone has an entirely different opinion lmao.

I AM set on a laptop. I want to be in my dorm as little as possible, and I don't want to be constrained to a desk. I guess I'll be one of those Starbucks laptop users hehehe.

I'm definitely probably going to get MS Office since I'll probably need that. I'll also really have to look into Lo-Jack, that sounds useful. A

Aren't macs, although sexier, more expensive? Like.... to get the same specs as above, wouldn't I have to pay more (at at least the full two grand...) for it to be in mac form? I do like macs. Shexy. As soon as I saw the firt Macbook Air commercial, I looked at my mother, opened my mouth halfway and she immediately said "No way, you'll drop it in a second" so that's that hehehe. EDIT:...Yes. Yes they are much more expensive.... MUCH more, so screw that. Something tells me the extra expense is for the Apple name and logo, and the hip image that goes along with it. Like those Mac Vs. PC. ads. While Justin Long is totally hot, I'm afraid I can't get a mac for that reason alone. Unless he personally delivered it What? Oh sorry. Just woke up. Must still be in REM :P

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wouldn't be me if I didn't put in my 2-cents for a Mac.

Go Mac, you'll never go back. lol
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a high-end laptop for uni aswell in october (didn't check all your stats but most are identical) and seriously, you don't need all that power. It gets hot, fan has to cool more. If I could turn back I would've gone with a "normal" specced laptop with just a few minor adjustments (bigger hard drive for instance)

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'll be one of those Starbucks laptop users hehehe.
    Man you are soooo ........ Oh right never mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec for spec, I think macs are still cheaper than PCs. When you compare something like the macbook air to a dell though, you're comparing two very different laptops. Anyway, dell wouldn't be the worst decision you could make, especially if your clumsy and will drop it (as your mom said of the macbook air). Dell has a pretty good warranty system and accident warranties too. Either way, this notebook will not last 10 years without being rendered obsolete. No notebook or PC will for that matter, but at least a PC will last much longer.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macs cost more for power.
    MY mom said I'd drop mine too I have had it for like 1.5 yeasr and only dropped in its case once.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior Nitecrawler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To tell you the truth, I have been using just my desktop at college. For some classes, you really don't need a laptop (there are course readers you have to buy that have ALL of the notes in them, for instance). 4 out of 6 of the classes I've taken this year (granted, I am in the sciences, which is a lot of math) I could not have used a laptop in.

This debate can go on forever...

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.... Still don't think you understand lol. I will need a computer in college. Even if I was not going to college, I would still need a computer. I don't like to be constrained to a desk if I don't have to. That is why I am buying a laptop.

Someone recommended a tablet PC to me, but I've got a feeling that the screen will break easily. So does my mother lmao. Any thoughts?

With the XPS, an upgrade from the standard processor is 75 bucks for BOTH Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7500 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB, 4MB Cache)

and

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T8300 (2.4GHz/800Mhz FSB, 3MB Cache)

Which is better, and what's the difference? I don't know what those numbers mean.

To the person who said I don't need all this, well I probably don't, but the truth is that I don't want to be in a position where I would need it, but don't. I may decide to buy a demanding game that looks totally awesome and I just HAVE to have it, but I would kick myself for not getting the upgrades.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast