What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origins of Your Username

• Thread starter agentrdy
  • Start date
Great topic.

My user name originated several years ago when I first got AOL as my first ISP. My dad suggested the name. It comes from the first two letters of my first, last, and mother's maiden name (in that order). And it's pronounced Joe-Sa. :)

Well, the romantic story for my screen name could be that I collect swords and worked at the MN Rennaisance Faire for 5 years (which is all true). But I originally started this screen name back in 1995 or so on the Aquarium Fish Magazine message board when I was way into planted aquariums (and killifish keeping) and named myself after the Amazon Sword plants which I always liked alot.

I decided to use the same screen name here so I could "find myself" and so the tradition continues on other message boards as well, it's just seems easier to have one name on all these sites.

i used to have a sugar glider as a pet. thats the glider part. the 14 part comes from my birthday which is 4-14-91.

Alex

Josh ?Martin 1992 august 27 :D

I thought Wmgorum was latin for "Man with hand growing out of shoulder"

I guess I was wrong. ???

I think my name is pretty obvious, all thought there is more to it than just being an Ozzy fan.

Long time ago after I started listening to Ozzy, I soon became obsessed with his music. People told me all the time I looked like him. I went to job corps when I was 18. People there immediately started calling me Ozzy, again because they thought I looked like him. At the time we both had long blond hair. I had a pic of me at that time but I don't know where it is now.
What do you think?

ozzy.jpg

I do have another from a long time ago, but I don't think I look too much like him in this pic. Not the best pic of me lol.

257399288O453236962.jpg

You get the idea.

Another name I use a lot is voodoodancer. I had to find another name after Ozzy started doing the TV show on MTV. It seemed everybody wanted to use the name Ozzy.

Voodoodancer is a song by Ozzy. I was having some problems with a certain government official. I can't talk much about what I did, lol but this song helped me get back at her. The song pretty much became true in that situation.

:rookwoot:

My name is from Zero skateboards. I used to skate a lot.

EdaxFlamma = "The Consuming Flame"

Whilst translating the Aenid I ripped a few words out of one of the passages, changed the case in which they were in and reduced it to my current screen name. Latin words tend to have many many different meanings but this is the translation I am sticking with haha.

I'm a bass player and I lean towards my Italian heritage. In Italian, il=the and basso=bass. Technically basso is usually used for bass voice rather than the instrument, but I though that it was better this way. Heck, I'd be a basso if I sang so I guess it is all ok.

Mines simple, When I first started growing cps, sarracenia were my favorites, until I discovered Nepenthes, but it was too late to change my name on all of the forums and my email so I stuck with it. and my name is Shawn so thats were the other part came from, but you probably new that.

I'm herenorthere because I'm neither.

What an interesting thread. This is fun learning a little bit about everyone.

I'm herenorthere because I'm neither.

lol. That's great.

xvart.

I used to live in alaska, I also used to poop but thats another story.

I loved alaska it was beautiful

nepenthes_ak

I always thought N. hamata was cool looking. One of hamata's meanings is hook/hooked. Captain Hamata = Captain Hook. Pirates are usually associated with having parrots. I have two parrots and I grow carnivorous plants. I wanted my forum name to reflect both of my hobbies.

Captain Hamata

I added an extra X to my real name.

who doesn't love Friday?
Me...my Friday is on Thursday.

I feel/act like a kid when I am around my CPs. So my first choice was CarnivourKid. I decided that since I wasn't a real kid, the name might lead to a bit of confusion so a decided to make it BigCarnivourKid. Or BCK for short.

i was talking about myself, not the day:wave:
<Chuckle> I know, but I had to throw that in. My daughter says I'm a smart@$$ but she obviously doesn't know what she's talking about :jester: :poke:

Me...my Friday is on Thursday.

I feel/act like a kid when I am around my CPs. So my first choice was CarnivourKid. I decided that since I wasn't a real kid, the name might lead to a bit of confusion so a decided to make it BigCarnivourKid. Or BCK for short.

Yeah, at first I thought you were the teen that was near my neck of the woods, in PA!

Back