What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origins of Your Username

• Thread starter agentrdy
  • Start date
So, we're all unique and have chosen our own internet identities and so forth, but there is a reason we each chose different things to call ourselves here. A lot are obvious and relate to your names, or specific CPs. But even then--why that CP? Why is it more special--more personal to you--than others?

So, why choose the username you have? What are its origins? What's the interesting or uninteresting story behind it? What is its meaning to you? How does it describe you? How, in that one word, did you plan to give a sort of "first impression" to everyone?

Mine's not all that exciting--it comes from the years I spent playing real-time-strategy online multiplayer games. "Agent, Ready" happens to be one of the things the Spy unit in Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 would say when you clicked on him. I kept it around just because I was too lazy to think of a replacement.:sleepy:

I started growing CP's as a kid and really found them interesting... when it came time to fire up AOL 2.5 and pick a screen name, I wanted "MrFlyTrap" as my SN to reflect my hobby.

AOL rejected it, back then their was a requirement needing one number in your name. MrFlyTrap1 was then coined. As I started to use AOL less and less, I began to use AIM instead, I created MrFlyTrap2. I still like the name and like using the same name on forums as my AIM name, it just makes things easier.

haha at the time I started growing carnivorous plants I favored flytraps,I thought nepenthes looked strange :crazy: I now think they are quite spectacular.
well anyways my username is short for the latin name for the vft
but I bet you knew that already:-D

mine is obvious, first, middle and last initial, because otherwise i'd forget

~b

Mine comes from a barbarian D&D character who was one of my party members growing up. He was notorious throughout the land we traveled. He was very strong and powerful, yet very stupid and ugly. The only difference between him and me is that I am strong, powerful, AND smart and beautiful!

xvart.

Lol xvart...

Well mine is self-explanatory. Not the most creative... but I like it :).

Daniel

Like the above post said, mine is self-explanatory...

My real name is Scott and I hated it. I wasn't given a middle name and when I went off to college I chose to be called Jim. Unfortunately, I went to college with a buddy who was introducing me as Scott. When the circle of friends began intersecting there was confusion and that was reconciled by calling me Jim-Scott. There is still confusion wherever I go, so the combo continues.

Well mine is self-explanatory. Not the most creative... but I like it :).

I'm surprised it wasn't taken already.

lol @ pyro.

xvart.

Mine isn't as obvious as Billy's but it's my initials. I've used it as a username since I opened my hotmail account, in '99.

I like and breed Leopard Geckos.
el in spanish = the
So you end up with the gecko

first initial, middle initial, last name. I've used it as my primary screen name since I first got an internet connection, circa 1995 or so.

my last name, and area code! :D i use it for everything. Like, EVERYTHING online.

Like a stone is a song by Audioslave and 76 is the year I was born.

My passion has been skiing since moving to Colorado in the early 90's. My college friends used to call me speed skier back in the day. Although older now, I more about form and technique, but still enjoy ripping when I get the chance.

It's my name J.Murphy and my high school football number 97 middle linebacker oh yeah!

um, like 'em and I'm a guy. boring huh ?

3 points if you can guess where mine comes from!
Give up?
Nepenthes enthusiast=Nep enthusiast=nepenthusiast
I sometimes go by "Nepenthologist" on other websites.

Back