What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora online radio

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    free

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Has anybody else discovered this? I think it's awesome. You choose the music you want to hear and then you can have it mix all the artist together. And it's all free.

It reminds me of the click radio that came with my gateway back in 01, but way better.

Give it a try,

Pandora.com

If you want I'll give you my stations.

I have sirrius radio and I can listen to it online, but this blows it away.

My office workers use it quite a bit since they arn't allowed to store MP3's on their computers here. The bad thing about it, once it 'learns' you, it's hard to get it to update itself to a new selection or add more songs that you'd like to hear. Kinda get repetitive after a while and makes your other coworkers hate you.

It has an option to take any song off your playlist for a month. If you get tired of a song you can temporarily take it off your playlist.

The secret it to choose as many artists and mix them together. I have 29 artists picked and it not only plays music from them but others like them.

Any song you don't like you can click to never play it again.

Who's on your list?

Has anybody else discovered this? I think it's awesome. You choose the music you want to hear ...
I agree with Ozzy. Pandora is incredible. While I've had it for a few years & use it while at the computer - late last year, my wife's employer required her to get a cell phone. Since I've been pushing my wife to become more comfortable with new technology, I got her an iPhone. Pandora is free on it & with a few cables - it's output can be directed into the car radio. We just returned from several days of 8-15 hours of driving. Unlike previous trips with broadcast radio, Pandora made the musical experience extremely enjoyable. During the times when cellphone reception was borderline, we just switched to the mp3 player within. This little program made the driving experience the best that I can recall. It is vastly superior to both satellite & regular 'terrestrial' broadcast radio. Music from stations that I create - which continues to adapt to my preferences - amazing! :hail:

Hey Ozzie! Been meaning to get back to this topic and thank you for the heads up on Pandora. I like listening to the old instrumental surf music (Di ck Dale, Duane Eddy, The Trashmen, etc.) and Pandora lets me pick and choose what I get to listen to. I hate when it tries to slip in rapcrap though. :censor: I've created a couple other stations so that when surfin gets old I can switch to Kraftwerk or some other style for a change of pace. Now if I could get it to play stuff like The Scotsman, Hello Mudduh Hello Fadduh, Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor, Dead Puppies....

just give it the thumbs down when you have something pop up you dont like, it'll adjust :)

man the pandora radio app for my iphone is a godsend. :)

Yes. It is awesome. Try putting in "Gospel" and "Grateful Dead" and see what it mixes together.

xvart.

Love it. I have several "stations" set up and usually just keep it on the Quick Mix so that I run the risk of going from Sinatra to Seether to Count Basie to the Beatles.

For some reason, it is convinced that I need to hear three different versions of "You Put a Spell on Me" every time that I listen. I like that I can put a song on hold for a month so it isn't just thumbs up or down.

Back