User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever used Tretinoin (Renova, Retin-A)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    No, it was a boar hair brush. Told ya I've tried almost everything

To give you an example of my hair, at the bottom of my beck, where the hair line is, my hair grows almost horizontally, but curved. In all seriousness, no exaggeration.

Well Boar hair is stiff and irratates the crap out of your skin and actully can make problems like that worse. You have to make sure you do it after a hot shower and sometimes it helps to take a moist warm towel and put it on the area for a few minutes before you shave. And again you have to have the nice english shaving cream it makes huge difference.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try nivea shaving lotion.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the exception of the type of hair, I did what you said. Didn't make a difference (Other than the razor bumps, it was the best shave of my life!) Did I mention that the hair on my neck does not grow in a uniform directions? On either side of my neck, it grows downward and sweeps sideways (yes, I know what direction to shave.) and then theres a strip that is straight down on the left side. The hair at the bottom grows up (for the most part!) although some grows sideways. It's screwed up. My neck is like a fun house. My dad's is the same way, but he has a beard. Maybe he gave up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get some razor bumps, but ever since I started using a Norelco electric shaver that went away. I use the 7526, the one with the flat head. I tried one with the triple circle heads (like the arcitec) and that one also gave me problems. If I were you I would see if you can't find one of these somewhere that will allow you to return it even if you opened it. I get a very close shave, and I find it is much much better than a razor shave. I can even shave in the car if i'm in a hurry. When do you normally shave? With electric razors it is best to do it when your skin is dry, and don't use any electric shaving gel. If you do it when your skin is wet, or when you are hot, your pores may open up and your hair can recede into the pore after you're done shaving, causing razor bumps.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JustLikeAPill, I had bad acne in my teens not that I'm that old now, but anyway my Mom got me some Retin-A and said to apply it at night (little bit goes a long way haha). It did work for till I ran out. She got it in Mexico so it was very cheap. DM might be right try some shaving cream first it might just be a sensitivity issue. Thats my input.

GL
    Josh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where would you get the old fashioned Shaving Blades?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend has this problem since he's half white, half African American. African American hair naturally grows curly, and after shaving the sharp hairs love to grow back INTO the skin. Once they even begin poking the skin it starts to create razor bumps. Later on it can get infected if it cuts into the skin and begins growing under it. Once it starts doing that, you need to fish it out with a needle. A constant battle... It somewhat sounds like this might be your problem as well since it's just one patch of skin that you even notice a change in direction with. If you feel that's true, you might want to look at some African American shaving products. The one that kinda worked well was pump patrol, lol. I donno check out the website and see if you share the problem. www.bumppatrol.com

-Nate
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I keep telling you guys that I've tried everything lol. Blaze, I've tried just about all of them. Nate, I've used the creams in the AA section for bumps, the depilatory creams, aftershave, etc. including the brand you just listed. Daniel, I have tried shaving wet, dry, cream, gels, etc with an electric razor. Doesn't make a difference. After my rents shelled out so much for the Arcitec (have you priced those? Wow!) I'd hate to get another one lol.

Nep: Internet You can get anything on the internet! I'm sure some finer salons or the mall will carry them.

I guess no one has used it for razor bumps. I'm a freak lol. It's nice that you guys keep giving me recommendations... but believe me when I say I've tried everything I can think of.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast