User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ever used Tretinoin (Renova, Retin-A)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    where would you get the old fashioned Shaving Blades?
    classicshaving.com has a good selection of old fashioned safety razors and blades if your interested in try it.

Again the type of brush makes all the differnce, or it did for me, boar hair left my skin red and irritated and caused some shaving bumps, pure badger hair on the other hand took care of it. The razor and the cream used are the only other things that can vary so if it didnt work for you I dont know what to tell you. Belt sander maybe?
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried that, too

JUST kidding lmao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Flytrap2 might have nailed the answer. Not about your ancestry (so what haven't your parents told you?), but about the solution. Go to a store in a black neighborhood and buy a razor for black men. I was curious and bought one years ago and it might take care of your problem. The blades have little ridges underneath that provide a little space between skin and blade. Because of that, the shave isn't quite as close, but it also doesn't lead to bump amputation either. You could use it in your bumpy regions and use your normal razor elsewhere.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch those video's on pump patrol's website anyways. It's interesting to hear some of the things they say about it. I'd recommend that all guys who shave watch them. The biggest thing that I see is the issue, is shaving properly.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if yah want a badger hair brush, i can get yah a badger......warning though..........they is a tad temprimental, out bird hunting i have discovered tha a 12 gauge with bird shot just pisses them off, and doesnt do crap to kill one or even slow it down......been "treed" in the back of a pickup many times by the grumpy things..........the wife requests that if you wish me to send a live badger that you pay for the medical bills in advance or atleast allow me to go a few round with a baseball bat for a bit before trying to get it into the box for shipping to try and take most the fight out of it..........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jebus Those razors are EXPENSIVE

I might get one though. Just because of how old school it is.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my Tretinoin the other day from my PCP. It was funny. I asked for Tretinoin and he immediately got a very worried look on his face and said "That's a serious drug. We don't even prescribe that. You have to go take monthly blood tests etc." I corrected him and said "Are you sure you're not thinking of Isotretinoin?". His concerned face went away and
    he smiled and said "Oh, sure! I'd be happy to give you that." Considering I want to be a doctor, I think what just happened was a very good sign

Only $68, not too bad at all, especially since I won't be buying it on a monthly basis. I only use a pea-sized amount each night. I wonder how long a 45 gram tube will last? A half a gram per day would last three months...but I don't know what half a gram of cream looks like and I'm not going to weigh it nightly lmao.

Can you say "Chemical Burn"? I hope my skin adjusts to it sooner rather than later. If .05% affects me like this, I'm glad I didn't try .1%. I'm going to apply it every other night for a week to let my skin adjust. At least I won't get wrinkles on my neck when I'm an old man.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only $68, not too bad at all, especially since I won't be buying it on a monthly basis. I only use a pea-sized amount each night. I wonder how long a 45 gram tube will last? A half a gram per day would last three months...but I don't know what half a gram of cream looks like and I'm not going to weigh it nightly lmao.
    Like I said before, I use more than a pea-sized amount every night and my 45g tube lasts me several months. You should be good for a loooong while. lol

Can you say "Chemical Burn"? I hope my skin adjusts to it sooner rather than later. If .05% affects me like this, I'm glad I didn't try .1%. I'm going to apply it every other night for a week to let my skin adjust.
    IIRC, when I first started it seemed a little intense to me, too. That went away fast enough, though. Remember though, when used on days that you shave, the drying effect seems to be multiplied. Moisturize every morning after use! (and whenever you feel you need it, for that matter.)

Good luck!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123