What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont criticize me i feel dumb enough

I went to Davenport Ia (30 mins drive round about) and went into a gas station to fill up. I was almost empty and this huge black pickup comes in behind me. I put in 20 dollars (3.19 a gallon) and was debating on whether or not to put in more cause it wasnt enough. So he guy behind me gets impatient and starts to honk his horn. I said forget it and drove off. As I'm driving off i gave him a pretty birdie to look at (my middle finger) and drove off. The guy goes nuts (i'm literally shaking as i type this from remembering this) and CHASES AND PUNCHES MY CAR!!! :0o: I swear the guy was on steroids because one his temper and 2 was his size. The guy was literally 3x my girth and at least 100lbs more than i and is my height! (175 is my weight and i'm 5' 7") He's screaming "get outa the ****ing car!!" and his 10 year old kid was there watching the whole thing!! :0o: My girlfriend was screaming i was shaking and was wishing i had my Kali stick on me for defense. :censor: A kali stick is a hardend vine (or in my case bamboo) used to fight and training in kali (aka eskrima and arnis). Please dont criticize me im shaking enough already....

What do you want us to say? This is why you shouldn't do things like that :)

If he damaged your car, sue him.

nah..not worth looking for him and i didnt get his plate # etc..plus its in another state which means i have to take time off from school and use more gas etc court fees...and he didnt damage my car so its all good XD wont do that again!

how mean, someone did that to my dad but a little less violence

Yeah - you should simply not make eye contact with people when they're getting impatient. You have as much a right to fill up as the next guy. Let him wait like everyone else.

And do NOT make gestures at people you don't know! You're asking to end up on a milk carton.

On the bright side, you learned a valuable lesson (at least I HOPE you did) without having to pay too much of a price for that wisdom.

Thats funny...I will share my road rage breakdown.

This happened here in Oregon. This man (a) (we will call them man a and b so you can keep track of them better) was driving on the freeway and probably cut this other man (b) off. Man (a) could have just waited before switching lanes but insisted on cutting man (b) off to get ahead. Man (b) flips him the bird and man (a) gets mad and starts doing the same. Later on man (a) forgot about the situation and man(b) has been following him got off on the same exit as him, man (a) noticed that someone is following him and pulls over. Man (b) gets out of his ride and beats the living :censor: out of man (a). Sad thing is that man (a) had his kid in the car with him at the time and his son saw the whole thing. Now the key to the whole story is man (a) has know idea how many times man (b) has been cut off that day already, or what has gone on in his life that day.

As I'm driving off i gave him a pretty birdie to look at (my middle finger) and drove off.
Thats a wussy move man driving away then act tough?

So I guess what I'm trying to say is you never know who someone is so don't just start flipping the bird. I'm 6'8'' 300 pounds and I know when not to :censor: with someone.

Anyways

Josh

I think people just over eact to alot of things. Like "the bird". I mean, wow, the finger next your index and ring finger. Amazing. *Yawn*. Maybe it's just me. I can handle words, but when someone resorts to violence, then i get mad. REALLy mad.

What an ***. I think that challenging and threatening somebody in a large, (hopefully locked) vehicle just emphasizes his stupidity. Violence is no answer to word or gesture exchanges. Parents with tempers like that ought to have their kids taken away for the kids' sake. Poor kid.

Your doors were locked yes? The kali stick would hopefully be to make you feel prepared in the event that he went after you and not so that you could have gotten out and used it.

Quote:
As I'm driving off i gave him a pretty birdie to look at (my middle finger) and drove off.

Thats a wussy move man driving away then act tough?

Flipping off isn't acting tough-just expressing displeasure with somebody's actions in a harmless, non violent way.

I always have a camera on me, and it would have been real handy in a situation like this. Did you happen to get his license plate? If so, I'd call the police and report it, no doubt about it. Don't let this loser get away with this. You did nothing wrong.

hey next time don't give him the bird :cuss:

That's why you keep a car shotgun ;). I do anyway lol

Eh- him being all mad I'm taking long would be the reason I would fill up. But I wouldn't go out of my way to show him I was not happy with his attitude. (flipping him off) Then, once I was done I would drive away with a smile, knowing what I've done. You don't need to actually do something to anger someone like that... Just doing what you do (in this case, filling up) will do just fine. One day HE will be the one that honks at the wrong person. And that is the justice I hope for as I drive away smiling :)
Andrew

I'm probably going to get backlash for this, but anyway, I've been in a few situations like this. Nothing this bad has happened to me for a few reasons, but something did happen to my friends. One time my friends were at a gas station having just left a strip club and some drunk marines pulled up behind them. My buddies went inside, bought some stuff, and came out to leave. The marines came out right behind them, looked into their trunk, and somehow accused them of stealing their liquor. I know my friends didn't steal their liquor because that's not how they roll. Anyway, long story short, one of the marines hits one of my friends with a crowbar in the face, and the others (there were 4) ganged up on my other 2 buddies... Now the part where I am going to get backlash... I don't let this type of stuff happen to me. I used to carry a small child's aluminum bat with me (fast one-handed swing), but have since upgraded to... a louder smaller object. I have had only one road-rage problem since I've been carrying said piece and a mere presentation of the object ended the problem real quickly. Basically this black honda was swerving in traffic, cut me off causing me to brake and swerve, at which point I flipped them off. The guy slams on his brakes, pulls up beside of me and him and his buddies start yelling at me and flipping me off. The guy also swerved like he was going to ram the side of my car, so I pulled out... Mr. Peeps, lol, and their eyes opened up like they saw a ghost. Needless to say they backed off. I wouldn't normally resort to such measures but I have been in other situations that didn't end well or could have ended up a lot worse. When I was in middle school my older sister's boyfriend and I were driving home from school (the high school and middle school were right next to each other). We got caught up in the usual after-school traffic and were in line waiting for the longest light signal ever. These 5 high school guys were walking along the line of cars handing out fliers for some punk concert they were going to put on. They came up to my buddies car and he said no thanks, that he did not want the flier. The guy said oh well and threw it in the car anyway. My buddy took the flier and threw it back out of the car. The guy having walked off already, backtracks, picks up the flier and stuffs it back in the car and calls my friend a stupid N***** (he's half black). This guy must have felt all big and bad with his 4 buddies to back him up, but the situation flipped on him real fast. My buddy opened his door pissed off as hell, and the other guys started to walk towards him at this point. He grabs his aluminum bat from the backseat and charges the first guy, ready to knock his head clean off. The guy literally started to cry and beg him not to lol. The other guys no longer had their friends' back at this moment and they backed up real quickly. My friend didn't hit anyone, but he didn't have to. He stopped the guys from jumping him (or even us), and everything went on just fine.

Anyway, my point is, there are a lot of crazy people out there and you never know what they will do. People get killed from road rage all the time, and I refuse to be one of those statistics. That's why me and Mr. Peeps go for so many rides :).

First of all It don't take me long to decide to fill up or not. It's pretty much instantaneous.

But if I was trying to decide his horn would not only convince me to fill up, but it would also help me to decide at what speed to fill up. Of course I would lock the handle in the very first (slowest) click. Then I would have to go in and use the bathroom and buy a drink and maybe some chips. Of course I would be nice and let other people waiting in line in front of me.

If he decided to do something stupid, like punching my car or me, it would probably been captured on surveillance cameras along with his license plate.

Of course normally I don't do things like that. I always try to be as respectful to other people as I want them to be with me. If somebody was waiting for the pump, I would pull up after pumping, but if they were an ***, then I'll be a bigger ***.

I saw a bumper sticker once that said

"I wish you 2x's what you wish for me"

That's just about says it all.

I'm probably going to get backlash for this,
Not from me, I agree with everything you said.

I also have a little friend to help me out in situations like that. I've never had to point it at anybody, but just holding him in my hand changes things completely. On time there was a drunk guy trying to stab two women, there were little kinds there. I considered the kids to be in danger as well as the two women. Just the presents of my little friend changed this guys mind. He left and the police took it from there.

He filed charges against me for assault with a deadly weapon. It was laughed out of court.

He filed charges against me for assault with a deadly weapon. It was laughed out of court.

:). As you may or may not know, California has one of the most corrupted Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) permit systems in the country. Basically if you're not rich, have friends in the right places, or a cop, you will have a hell of a time getting a CCW. In most other states you can get a CCW so long as you are legally allowed to own a gun and pass safety and marksmanship tests. Not in California. In California you have to submit a letter of justification as to why you should be allowed to have a CCW. You also have to convince your local head of law enforcement that they should allow you to have one. There have been cases of people protecting themselves from danger with their legal concealed weapons and they still get in trouble because of our crappy law systems. You're lucky to live in such a reasonable and sane state.

Daniel

Of course I would lock the handle in the very first (slowest) click.

Entirely off topic, but I read somewhere that's supposed to help a teeny-tiny bit with getting more gas for your buck. Something about the slower rate producing less vapor.....

or some such...

carry on

:offtopic: growergray- submit that to Mythbusters! I'd love to see it :)

hmm...that's an idea. They have done gas related myths in the past...

Back