Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trucker Strike

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trucker Strike

I just heard on the news that truckers will go on strike April 1st to protest $4.00 a gallon diesel fuel. What's your thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is a good idea it is absolutely stupid they have to use their money to buy the gas so they have every right to lower the prices... hope it gets resolved soon or we are screwed though.
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still have cheaper gas than any other western nation at $4 a gallon..........quit complaining and raise your prices......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we should stop taking our prescription medications to protest high drug prices. That makes as much sense as what they're doing. I think it's stupid as hell.

Truckers shouldn't even have to pay for their own fuel. The companies they work for should pay it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with JLAP.
    holy bad word this is bad...do you know how much the economy is gonna suffer cause of this?! this is bad!!
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, stupid as hell.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The taxes paid by truckers don't even remotely cover the costs they impose on the rest of us. The wear & tear on a road increases exponentially with wheel load, so a 40-ton truck causes as much damage damage as a whole lot of cars, but guess which contributes less towards road construction, maintenance, etc. Overloaded trucks, which are way too common, cause a huge amount of damage.

Not surprisingly, the heavily subsidized industry is booming and has a huge amount of political power. I recently saw an estimate at a reliable, but forgotten source that the number truck-miles in my region is expected to double within the next 20 years or by 2020, I forget which. I'll be happy to see them on strike and more things either produced locally or transprted by train.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good...maybe this will move more freight to the railroads, which are WAYYYYY more efficient than trucks..trains use much less fuel and pollute far less than trucks for the same amount of materials moved.

and the railroads have to pay to maintain their own infrastructure too, while being taxed out the rear by every village, town, city, county and state their tracks cross...unlike truckers, who have their highways paid for by the taxpayers....

Scot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast