Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 legged dog

Five legged dog coming to Ohio

Bill Safos
    Created: 3/27/2008 2:20:25 PM
    Updated:3/28/2008 2:40:47 PM

Video

VERMILION -- All dogs are special but this one may have a leg up on the others.
    Angel is more than a four legged friend. She's a five legged friend. She was born with the extra appendage.

"She actually uses her one front leg as a crutch but she actually does have movement in both front legs," said Deborah Parker, Director of The Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary.

The good news for Angel is this weekend, she's moving from her home in Missouri to the sanctuary in Vermilion, Ohio.

"We take special needs animals from all over United States," said Parker.

Parker already has a two legged Chihuahua.

Thanks to the Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary, which is a registered 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, that Chihuahua uses a scooter or doggie wheel chair to get around.

"A breeder took him to the dog pound to have him euthanized," said Parker.

Parker saved Scooter who is not for adoption but the animal sanctuary has a three legged shepherd mix that is in need of a home.

"The quality of life can be great for these dogs. Just because you're missing an appendage doesn't mean you can't have a great quality life," said Dr. Frank Krupka.

When Angel comes to Ohio, Dr. Krupka of the Avon Lake Animal Clinic is going to evaluate the dog.

"There's a good chance this dog is going to need surgery," said Krupka.

Regardless Angel will eventually go up for adoption just like more than fifty other dogs at the Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary.

"Just because he has a birth defect doesn't mean he isn't worth loving," said Krupka.

Deborah Parker is proof of that. She loves a few permanent pets but while they wait for homes, she loves them all.

If they are going to do surgery on the 5 legged dog, cant they remove that leg and give it to the 2 legged chihuahua or the 3 legged shepherd?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What, nobody cares about a 5 legged dog?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's only 25% more than normal. A 5 legged person or a bird with 5 wings; that's something that would make me want to play the video. But those are 150% increases.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was going to be something about a new rock band you'd heard.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    That's only 25% more than normal. A 5 legged person or a bird with 5 wings; that's something that would make me want to play the video. But those are 150% increases.
    He's right.

It's got to be at least 150% to 125% abnormal before my interest is peaked......
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh i still feel bad for it i meen come on the other lef isnt even functional
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!