Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: polished water?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

polished water?

I decided to start getting water out of a machine because it's half the price of distilled from walmart (only 35 cents). The machine says the water goes through 20 steps which include carbon filtering, reverse osmosis, and water polishing. I'm not sure what water polishing means and I googled it but nothing much comes up. is it safe for cps? do they add anything to the water?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean the water they sell from the machine at the grocery store? If so, that stuff is just fine, I used it for the first 2 years of growing Neps til I bought my own R/O filter - a Captive Purity 75 GPD unit from www.marinedepot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    helps me out too thx for the Q&A mates
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Polished probably means they added minerals to improve the flavor. If this is the case it is probably bad for your plants. If you want you can send me a sample and I'll test it for you.

I wouldn't use it on all your plants. I'd test it for a few weeks on just one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got my 100gpd ro(with dual di) from purewaterclub.com, best prices ive found

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watr polishing they take a care buffer and some wax smack it on the water and buf it out till it shines
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water is polished before it goes in the RO to reduce the RO's workload and there shouldn't be much that can be done after the RO. So I'm inclined to agree with Ozzy that something's being added back to it. That's how a lot of bottled waters are manufactured - they RO them to nothingness and then add back a calibrated amount of salts so the water tastes the same no matter where it's bottled. Or maybe Bianchi is right and they aim to make shiny happy people
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think im right... i meen come on doesnt my thory make the most sense it would be waaayyy easier althuogh the water might have nasty chunks of wax in it but never mind that... no actually i am pretty sure that ozzy and herenorthere are right about them adding crap back into the water after it has benn RO'ed
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast