What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cheapest place to get square pots?

Just don't try to force a round plant into a square pot! :D

Capslock

haha caps :p I have although used a square inside a square. You offset them, (using the not pointy corners) to sit diamond inside the other.. then you can have like LFS on the outside and dryer stuff like some high sand content mix.. Seems to work well :)

Well I ended up getting 20 5.5" and 24 4.5" pots for free from a local nursery. Even if they break, I think I have a never-ending supply of them as long as I live in Lubbock. As my grandpa from the old country used to say, "For free? Take." :p

28 cents a pot shipped? Nope. We'd prolly be looking at $5.49 for $10.00 Plus shipping... looks like 30 would cost $7.40 to ship. So final after shipping cost would be about $.80 a pot. There are cheaper pots out there, that are a flimsy plastic (vacuum formed and such, generally recognized by a small flap over lip at the top). If you're looking for a long term pot, that will stand the test of time, use, and abuse I advise against those.
Andrew

Edit: D_m- Do you have some of those sitting around? Do you have an accurate shipping scale? I'd love to know how much 10 of them weigh (in oz) to help compare the quality.

no I have not ordered from them but I have some of the pots they sell, not any ones that are not full of soil though, the pots are nice quality and i used there shipping estimate thing.

Back