Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paypal stinks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, avoid Paypal like the plague that it is. It is not a bank, as ruled by the gov't., and is not subject to the same restrictions and oversights that they are. But PP wants you to think they are. And if you are "verified" via a confirmed bank account, watch out! In the fine print you authorized them to deduct from the account you associated with PP! Very dangerous, young grasshopper! I won't use PP ever again. They have way to much scope over your own money, and it leaves you open to be taken advantage of.

People tend to defend PP by saying they've never had a problem with them. Give it time. Use them enough and you will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I am verified, crap.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand everyone's concerns; but, on the other hand, I don't do massive amounts of money trading through them. For me, they are simply a convienence. Some sellers on ebay only accept paypal so until I either start massively buying or massively selling on ebay I'll keep taking my chances each and every time. If I lose a couple bucks sometime in the future, well so be it. I won't be happy about it; but, I'll keep reaping the rewards of winning auctions that many "soured" participants won't participate in because it is paypal only.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have yet to buy off ebay, I sell.
    view my growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright I have $70 in my paypal linked with ebay I can't get it out since I can't verifie my addy,
    whats the easiest way to get my money back verifie my addy by getting a bank account then later telling the bank(they said they don't allow paypal unless you say) to allow paypal get my money and fly ? Then remove my mom's credit card fomr the other account ?
    I tried sending the money to my moms checking but alas it didn't wokr. I love ebay too bad what a conflict whats a good paypal or can I "safely" use paypal somehow ? like have another bank account with say $40 or so ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jm82792 View Post
    Alright I have $70 in my paypal linked with ebay I can't get it out since I can't verifie my addy,
    whats the easiest way to get my money back verifie my addy by getting a bank account then later telling the bank(they said they don't allow paypal unless you say) to allow paypal get my money and fly ? Then remove my mom's credit card fomr the other account ?
    I tried sending the money to my moms checking but alas it didn't wokr. I love ebay too bad what a conflict whats a good paypal or can I "safely" use paypal somehow ? like have another bank account with say $40 or so ?
    http://www.screw-paypal.com/alternat...ernatives.html
    view my growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright well I'll keep using paypal but will use a dfferent account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well put Xvart.

I've never had an issue with PayPal. I use it only for small purchases though. (eBay and other online businesses)

I can see where sellers might run into problems with deadbeat buyers however.

Overall, I find it very easy to use and convenient.

«knocks wood.........»
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12