What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chevy Cobalt

So, What do you guys think of the Chevrolet Cobalt?

Basicaly my moms getting me a new car for 2 reasons, 1) graduation gift 2) my old car broke down :censor:

So, I might be getting a Yellow Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2.2L 4 cylinder
1504616714.jpg

This is what i think. Congradulations for graduating, and the car doesnt look to shabby at all. Unfortunetly i dont have my permit yet :censor:... also how is the gas mileage? and is it stick(the onmly way to drive)?

It looks cute :nana: is it good on gas?

I think they're too small...for me anyway.
Get a Malibu. I have a black 06, and it's the business. I get like 28 hwy, city mileage depends on which city. Lubbock, where the speed limit is 35 everywhere and people literally go 25, and there are stop lights every 100-200 feet (no joke, unfortunately), I only get about 21.

I would get a Malibu but Its not in the budget. It will look way awesome once I get some money to work on it, It gets like 24 city, 33 highway. And since its a 4knocker that will help.

I could get a stick, but my mom hasn't taught me and she doesn't want me to tear up a new transmission learning how. Plus people always stop so close behind cars, I would undoutably creep back as I'm shifting from stop. I would then need a new rear bumper. I also live in a more rural area, so it will get better millage.

I could get another color but I like the yellow, I want a bright color, every one has darker colored cars. I like sticking out especially when its my car.

(i don't graduate yet i graduate in like 2 months)

Well congradualtions in 2 months... remind me and i will throw a party :beer: :woot:

I like sticking out especially when its my car.

Me too, but, remember... who do you want to stick out to? I prefer sporty, dark colored cars. I think they don't catch the cops attention so much, whereas screaming yellow is a real attention grabber.

Lol yeah that book "how to speed and get away with it" says you should avoid bright colored cars like red, yellow, and orange.

And bright green is just irritating.

Not sure what your budget is... but for reliability and resale value, check out Hondas. The Civic is a nice car. The Mazda 3 is also solid.

Remember, no shame in getting a used car. You avoid the hit of depreciation and save a few dollars... and if you get something like a Civic, that thing will run for 200,000+ miles.

Good luck. I know a fair amount about cars, so feel free to PM me with questions.

Not mustard yellow please..........

Relax, it's just a car. Get a Camry to get your bucks worth.

Exactly. Not practical at this point to get something more expensive. Better to go with practicality.

I'll never buy another GM.

Dude nice mom. Get a cavalier. They are way tough. I had one until some jerk-off hit me. I'm getting a new one in June.

A colbalt pretty much is a cavilar, if I'm not mistaken.

Yup. The cobalt is the replacement for the cavalier.

Yea, well the reason I'm getting the Cobalt is its in the price range (around 15 with the rebates like if you have own or recently owned a GM vehicle, and my moms boyfriends credit card points like 2,000 dollars) it should bring the price down to around 10-11, Which doesn't put me under once i drive off the lot, cars worth more than what I owe as I drive off.

The only Down side is my Mohawk is To big to drive with it up, it will get bent over when ever I drive, but I'm not going to not get a car because of my hair.

I actually just saw one on the road for the first time today, it looked OK. Doesn't mean much going by looks though! I myself like hatchbacks cos I always need wood and stuff for projects and a hatch makes hauling that stuff easy.

I have a Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback and I like it but think it should get better milage for the cars size (about 26 mpg same as my '85 Buick Skylark did) but it'll do til I can get a hybrid, solar or nuclear fusion powered car or something!

edit: the seat in the focus adjusts low to the floor and it has a high roof it's bigger inside than it appears from the outside - good for 'hawks and big people! :)

Back