What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cause i thought it was a cool pic

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
went and grabbed the wife lunch yesterday than went home to make my own....shortly after i had finished the wife called and said there was a house fire and could i get pics for the newspaper, i said i dont have a camera with me, she said she didnt have a ride so come and get her. drove down the hill, picked her up and we still beat the volunteer ambulance and fire department by a bit....snapped a few shots...lots of smoke, lil flames...someone mentioned no one was home but there were pets in the house and shortly after the firemen went in they started tossing cats and dogs out the front door......since there was no one in the house and there was lil chance of the firemen getting hurt the ambulance crew broke out the oxygen tanks and infant masks to help out the critters. half of which were loopy or completely limp when brought out. 5 dogs, 5 cats and an iguana were saved......3 cats were lost.......in the pic my wife(light blue vest, black sweatshirt) is giving O2 to a cat, the Akita(i think thats what breed it is) pup was completely limp when brought out of the house but snapped out of it rather quickly. my wife is actually quite allergic to cats, as am i, but she didnt hesitate to toss me the camera and jump in and help........

fire-cat23.jpg

That is cool. Thats a big cat.

I'm sure the owner will be very happy to have some furry friends keep him/her happy during their loss. It's amazing how devastating fires can be. Very happy to see everyone gave them a helping hand!

That is cool. Thats a big cat.

funny.....the gal on the right is my wife and she has a cat.....the gals on the left are working on the akita pup.............

So did all the animals make it out ok? I hope so! Thats crazy.

Josh

That's wonderful that most of the pets were saved...and no people were hurt either.

Just recently an agent (and her dog) from our office was in the newspaper as spokesperson for a group who raised money and then donated 6 dog/cat oxygen masks to a local firehouse. The masks come in small, medium and large so they can accommodate different size snouts. I thought that was an awesome thing to donate to. So if anybody wants to donate to a good cause, you might want to investigate how to get animal masks for your local fire department.

Also...you can get stickers to place on your doors stating how many pets you have so firemen know there are pets in the home. Fire and rescue are such great people, if possible, they will try to save your pets.

nice, I have saved some animals before but never with any oxygen masks and stuff.

That is really nice you and your wife were able to help out. Saving the world one cat at a time :-D

Cool story. Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like you got an "in" with the newsreporting, lol. My wife is allergic to cats as well, but not terribly bad.

xvart.

Wouldn't the iguana freeze or get to cold?

No they could just keep it warm and than it owuldnt get cold :-D

was taken to a warm car ASAP.......

Back