What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

our criminals are better than your criminals

Oh I can beat that one.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=85837&provider=gnews

Teens panic and call police on themselves in Vermilion break-in

<!--- photo ---> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="570"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="3"> <!-- photo and caption -->
</td> <td valign="top"> Created: 3/26/2008 3:09:17 PM
Updated:3/26/2008 5:49:33 PM

</td></tr></tbody></table> <!--- end headline, photo ---> VERMILION -- Two teens who broke into a Vermilion house made the one call no one expected: they called police on themselves.
Police say the boys, 14-and 15-years-old, entered a home on Hollyview Drive around 11:30 a.m. March 20.

The two teens panicked and called police to report the crime afterwards in an effort to try and throw police off their trail. But during the call, police say the teens provided a description of themselves to officers.

Police believe that a barking dog inside the house may have frightened the teens.

Police say muddy footprints inside of the home matched one of the boy's shoes, connecting them to the break-in. Nothing was taken from the home.

Police say the boys later confessed to the crime.

The pair was arrested and taken to the Erie County Detention Center.

<!--- existing content --->

Yah! I have a town with normal crimes! like stealing a candy bar. :-))

When I was at KU there was a report in the campus newspaper that was taken from police records about a student who called to report that his marijuana had been stolen.

xvart.

while not a crime persay...............but.......about a year ago the wife came back from getting the police blotter for the newspaper chuckling....asked her who did what now.....she said someone actually called 911 to report that the grocery store was out of frozen Banquet Chicken, the cops told my wife that the gal was apparently quite distraught but the 911 center had a hell of a time not breaking out and laughing........

i saw a "COPS" episode once where this coke head called the cops cause the dealer wouldnt give her the coke lol

I saw that one too.

What's funny is we are always told don't call 911 unless it's an true emergency. I needed to have a deputy come to my house last week. It was in now way an emergency. I just needed a report done. I took the time to look up the phone number to the sheriffs office and called the number. I was told I had to call 911.

We've got some great stuff in Lubbock.

A cop car tried to stop a guy riding his bike at night, because he didn't have a headlight on it. The guy proceeded to take off on his bike....the car hit his bike and he fell off, and a bunch of crack fell out of his pocket.

And then some neighbors had a dispute about a fence, so one of them beat the other one with a shovel.

How about 2 guys in camo clothing that were payed to fix and illegal waterline on my property :D The left after some "convinving" and think of it the 90 yearold man wh hired them coulda just asked and my dad would have let him have water to his house untill he kicked off.

Wow there are sooo many stupid people ouyt there!!!

my favorite report in the police blotter......................."officers responded to the 500 block of whatever Street, woman found domesticating her husband" :grin:

babyburrito.jpg

Sounds like a can't-miss eBay listing, especially if it looked like baby Jesus.

he he, reminds me of a video I saw on CNN a few weeks back of two teens pretending to rob a police station with only their hands making gun shapes under their tee shirts. Lucky they lived to prove they were "only joking" - it could've cost them their lives - cops have REAL guns ya know!

eww a burrito baby! :-D

we've had some dumb ones in our college town recently.... at halloween a couple of guys were having a party off campus, and some obnoxious teenage trick-or-treaters came by (15 and 17) asking for "candy"... when that failed, they asked for alcohol instead. When that also failed, they came back two more times later in the night, and on the third try they still hadn't been offered alcohol... they were offered pot instead (apparently one only needs to wait until the host is drunk enough!). Needless to say the kids' parents found out and, uh, it didn't go well for the students....

i actually felt kind of bad for them since the bratty teenagers got off scot-free, but seriously... why?!

Back