Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Woodpecker Found

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Woodpecker Found

I saw this today and at first I was hopeful. I know it is possible. Look at the recent discoveries with the ivory bill woodpecker.

Is this real or is it a scam.

http://www.imperialwoodpecker.com/default.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently, without additional evidence for both this & the Ivory Bill, I believe we are limited to hope (vs verifiable proof). I, for one, am absolutely still in the 'hope' mode, although I am becoming more uncomfortable as time continues to pass....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some "Imperial woodpecker"

I was expecting to see woody woodpecker in a darth vader helmet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without the picture or any better evidance i am a little sceptical about wether it is real or not, althoug i would be thouroughly happy if it was real
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm skeptical since the site has little information other than the price of the painting... it'd be cool, but, show me pictures!

it's almost like wolves in the Adirondacks here in NY... they've been extinct here for over a century but some people keep swearing they see/hear them (yet no proof!)
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That woodpecker website is much more focused on selling paintings than anything else. The difference between that or the ivory-billed woodpecker "sightings" and a wolf sighting is that wolves are known to live somewhere else. A gray wolf was shot at a farm in western Massachusetts last year and DNA analysis showed it to be pure gray wolf. Supposedly the closest population is in Quebec. It's unknown whether it was wild or an escaped/released pet.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well not only is the grey wold else where but its unlikely to go extinct anytime soon unless laws change. This reminds me of when they argued for the longest time that there were no mountain lions in the lower peninsula of Michigan. Well eventually they had enough scat they could DNA test and proved not only that there were some there but that there were enough to have a small breeding population.

Hopefully this woodpecker has found some hidden away place to survive and can make a comeback, the question is are there even enough of them for that.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Birdlife International has not made a peep about such a discovery and they are usually the ones to bring these things to the press. http://www.birdlife.org/

Unless I hear it from somewhere, anywhere that does not have the birds name as its web adress, I wont beleive it.
    that makes no logic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast