Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlton Heston dies

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I knew him from was 'Bowling for Columbine'. I don't even know why I ever saw that movie, I hate Michael Moore. Charley was pretty awesome in it though.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was shocked to hear that yesterday. I heard he had alzheimers. He was a great actor and its sad to see the old guard dying off. One of the saddest was Jimmy Stewart.

I think its kinda funny he was in Planet of the Apes.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    I think its kinda funny he was in Planet of the Apes.

AND, Omega Man and Soylent Green.

All those weird post-apocalyptic movies from the late sixties and early seventies. Definitely a downer time period for Hollywood.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry but who is Charleston Heston
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_muscipula View Post
    sorry but who is Charleston Heston
    Charlton Heston is one of the greatest actors of the 20th century, with a career spanning over 60 years in feature films and television. Some of his most notable performances include: Moses (The Ten Commandments), Judah Ben-Hur (Ben Hur), and of course George Taylor (Planet of the Apes).

In his later career he did many cameo roles in films such as True Lies (He played the eye-patch wearing secret service boss of Arnold Schwarzzenegger), a small bit role in Wanes World 2, and even an uncredited cameo role as Zaius, Thade's Father in the horrible remake of the Planet of the Apes.

He passed away on Saturday night in his Beverly Hills home from effects of his longtime battle with Altzheimers. He was 84 and is survived by his wife of 64 years, Lydia Clarke, Their 2 children and also 2 grandchildren.

Source: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000032/bio
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vft guy in SJ View Post
    Charlton Heston is one of the greatest actors of the 20th century, with a career spanning over 60 years in feature films and television. Some of his most notable performances include: Moses (The Ten Commandments), Judah Ben-Hur (Ben Hur), and of course George Taylor (Planet of the Apes).

In his later career he did many cameo roles in films such as True Lies (He played the eye-patch wearing secret service boss of Arnold Schwarzzenegger), a small bit role in Wanes World 2, and even an uncredited cameo role as Zaius, Thade's Father in the horrible remake of the Planet of the Apes.

He passed away on Saturday night in his Beverly Hills home from effects of his longtime battle with Altzheimers. He was 84 and is survived by his wife of 64 years, Lydia Clarke, Their 2 children and also 2 grandchildren.

Source: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000032/bio

I don't keep up on celebrity news.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plant of the Apes and Omega Man were my two favorites!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is also the most public figurehead of the NRA. I had forgotten he was in True Lies! What a great movie. He was also in Call of the Wild, among thousands of other movies.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast