What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western 2.5 TC media for CP's ?

droseraguy

Illinois
Has anyone got any experience using Western 2.5 media for tissue culturing CP's ? I mixed up a batch and forgot to add the coconut liquid for my paph. seed. No good for them now. I'd hate to throw it out.

I'm not sure how you mixed your solution, but if you used agar, you can heat it up, remelt it and add in the part you forgot. The tricky part will be keeping the solution hot while collecting and redistributing it.

Can you just reheat the media and add the ingrediant you forgot???

what is western 2.5 media?
IU know what tc is and have read about it and would like to do it someday, hey did you know agar is like a gelling agent used in Asian foods. If you go to the supermarket to get it make sure it isn't chocolate or vanilla you want the plainest stuff you can find.

make sure it isn't chocolate or vanilla you want the plainest stuff you can find
Yeah I always get the low carb summer strawberry.

Interesting, never even thought about reworking it. Thanks guys I'll give it a shot.

Back