Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to Party Like It's 1988!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being in NE and a fellow Big 12 guy, I would have liked to have seen KU win. I saw Memphis lose instead. Honestly, I feel really bad for the Memphis faithful.
    Destiny, I guess, as there were so many little things, that is any one of them had gone the other way, Memphis would have won.
    Oddly, even down 9 with 2:12 left, I knew(I do not know how) that KU was going to win somehow.
    Anyway, good job KU! Way to represent the Big 12!

Cheers,

Joe

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    Was Terry Kath the one who shot himself playing around with a .22? Is that better or worse than a tragic gardening accident which authorities said is better to leave unsolved?
    I'm not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by The Griffin View Post
    Anyway, good job KU! Way to represent the Big 12!
    My bracket (which did horribly - in the bottom two brackets I only had KU left by the end of the second round!) had KU facing off against Texas for the Championship. Wouldn't that have been great for the Big 12?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Terry Kath the one who shot himself playing around with a .22?

Around 5 p.m. on the evening of January 23, 1978, after a party at roadie Don Johnson's home in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California, Kath being a gun enthusiast took a .38 revolver and put it to his head, pulling the trigger several times on the empty chambers. Picking up an automatic 9mm pistol, Kath put the gun to his temple and pulled the trigger, infamously saying, "Don't worry, it's not loaded." (After showing the empty magazine to his friend.) However, one bullet remained in the chamber , killing him instantly a week shy of his 32nd birthday.
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant. A little more than a .22 and I can't believe how long ago that was - I was still in high school. But it doesn't have anything to do with the Jayhawks and I guess it's time to return to the regularly scheduled discussion.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12