What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Have a Riddle!

• Thread starter bianchi914
  • Start date
I yet have another. A team of constructors can make 7 circular holes in 30 mintues. How many holes can they make in 15 minutes?

I yet have another. A team of constructors can make 7 circular holes in 30 mintues. How many holes can they make in 15 minutes?

It's either three or four, depending on how you look at it. You can't make half a hole, so if you are using a drill it would be a smaller hole but still a hole. If you are using a saw you would only have the cut halfway around the hole and would then have 3 holes.

How much dirt is in a hole that is 1' by 2' and is 3' deep?

xvart.

It's either three or four, depending on how you look at it. You can't make half a hole, so if you are using a drill it would be a smaller hole but still a hole. If you are using a saw you would only have the cut halfway around the hole and would then have 3 holes.

How much dirt is in a hole that is 1' by 2' and is 3' deep?

xvart.

It's just shoveling. That's the correct answer 4 holes, no such thing as half a hole.

Well, I think it can have two answers. 1. it doesn't hold dirt, it's a hole! 2. If you have to get technical, it can hold 6 cubic inches.

Ok, I made up a riddle this time (it might be bad though). A man tries to go into a private party, but the body guard says he's not on the list. The man told the guard something that made him stop what he was saying and think. 30 minutes later, he noticed the man was gone. What did the man tell the guard?

It's just shoveling. That's the correct answer 4 holes, no such thing as half a hole.

I was thinking they were making holes in a board or something like that.

Well, I think it can have two answers. 1. it doesn't hold dirt, it's a hole! 2. If you have to get technical, it can hold 6 cubic inches.

Yep. Answer one is correct.

xvart.

Ok, I'm going to put a hard one here.

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

*hint-something it amazingly missing and it's not an indent*

Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd.

There should be a semicolon, instead of the comma! Study it, and think about it; but, you still may not find anything odd.

lol. I know that's not the right answer, but I couldn't resist.

xvart.

There should be a semicolon, instead of the comma! Study it, and think about it; but, you still may not find anything odd.

lol. I know that's not the right answer, but I couldn't resist.

xvart.

At first, I thought it was a comma or something, but when I saw the answer, It made since. It has nothing to do with punctuation. Keep guessing people!

At first, I thought it was a comma or something, but when I saw the answer, It made since. It has nothing to do with punctuation. Keep guessing people!

So, based on the paragraph there is something unusual about it? And not incorrect? I'm going to get this one!

xvart.

So, based on the paragraph there is something unusual about it? And not incorrect? I'm going to get this one!

xvart.

Good luck! Want a hint?

Nope. It doesn't contain the word "the"? I would think that that is fairly unusual...

xvart.

Close, but you can use "the" to find the answer. I'll give you a hint. What does "the" have that the paragraph doesn't?

But if you work at it a bit, you might find out!

That isn't a sentence. That is not my answer but, but can't start a sentence so you can't say it only has one error.

In some occasions, you can. I've seen books that have sentences started with "but". I didn't make this riddle, but I found it challenging. BTW the answer to the bunny thing is none, it's dead. The riddle with the CANDY thing is C and Y. The bad riddle I made about the body guard is that the guy told him a riddle.

No "E's"! lol. Clever paragraph.

xvart.

Yup! Even weirder is that the most used letter in the alphabet is the letter E.

Put C and Y together, what does it spell?

A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with a beautiful women named Sarah. The bus driver has to go on a long drive for 7 days. Before he leaves, he gives her 7 apples. Why did he do that?

A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with a beautiful women named Sarah. The bus driver has to go on a long drive for 7 days. Before he leaves, he gives her 7 apples. Why did he do that?

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Back