What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Have a Riddle!

• Thread starter bianchi914
  • Start date
Ok so You are stuck in a 12' by 12' room (everything is white) there are 2 doors and at each of the doors there is a person (both people are identical). One of the people ALWAYS lies and the other person ALWAYS tells the truth (you do not know which is which). One of the doors lets you live if you open and the other door will kill you instantly (you also dont know which door kills or lets you live). You get one questoin you can ask either of the guys... and only 1!!!. What is the question that will let you know which door is safe to walk out?

:chuckle: Reminds me of The Labyrinth (which subsequently reminds me of David Bowie in tights...)

Wont ruin it. :)

Riddle #2

There are 3 people in a 12'X12' room in the middle is a old rusty metal pipe. Inside the pipe is a pingpong ball that barely fits!. Inside this room is a box of wheeties, a rope, and a coathanger. How do you get the pingpong bal out without damagin the ball or the pipe?

1. Wouldn't you just ask the truth guy which is the right door? or is this too straight forward? am i missing something? ??? :)

2. Get the three people together and tell them all to go get you the ball. give one wheates for a balanced breakfast. see if that person gets it. If that doesnt work, threaten bodily harm with the hanger. And if that doesnt work, consider hanging yourself because you couldnt get a pingpong ball out of a rusty pipe in a strange room. I mean, i would.

Ok so You are stuck in a 12' by 12' room (everything is white) there are 2 doors and at each of the doors there is a person (both people are identical). One of the people ALWAYS lies and the other person ALWAYS tells the truth (you do not know which is which). One of the doors lets you live if you open and the other door will kill you instantly (you also dont know which door kills or lets you live). You get one questoin you can ask either of the guys... and only 1!!!. What is the question that will let you know which door is safe to walk out?

You ask him what color the room is. Good one, took me a little while
What do I win? haha

Obregon- You dont knoew which guy is the truth guy and which guy is the lie guy so you wouldnt know if it was true or false :p

theyellowdart- Ok you know the color of the room but you still dont know which door to go out... HINT- you can only ask one question

1. Ask one guy, "Which door would your friend (assuming they are friends and not twins etc and that bit doesn't factor into the equation) say leads to safety?"

Pick the opposite of whatever either one tells you.

remember... this is 1AM logic here... give me some slack if my wording isn't perfect

Oh and how is the pipe situated in the room. It makes a big difference.

A. Ask one guy, "Would your friend be tell me that his door is safe if I asked him?"
If you asked the guy who lied, and it wasn't the correct door he would say yes. If you asked the guy who lied and it was the door he would say no. If you asked the guy who told the truth and it was the correct door he would say no. If you asked the guy who told the truth and it wasn't the right door he would say yes.

Either way you pick the "no" option and go from there.

remember... this is 1AM logic here... give me some slack if my wording isn't perfect

Yup you win! prize=you being happy cause you won

Have everybody relieve themselves into the pipe until the ball floats out.

didn't I already solve this one on the last page? I said pee (or blood if you murder the other people)....

didn't I already solve this one on the last page? I said pee (or blood if you murder the other people)....

Yes you did get it right although blood is a little gross :puke:. And congratulations ozzy you were second :jester:. If anyone else has any good riddles feal free to post em I love riddles :p

1. A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys. How is this possible?

There are 3 people in a 12'X12' room in the middle is a old rusty metal pipe. Inside the pipe is a pingpong ball that barely fits!. Inside this room is a box of wheeties, a rope, and a coathanger. How do you get the pingpong bal out without damagin the ball or the pipe?

Who made up that riddle? That's totally stupid. First of all you say the pipe is in a room...then you say its stuck in the ground. ??? So is it in a room or outside in the ground? If the pingpong ball is in the pipe and "barely fits" then you'd assume its wedged in fairly tightly. Tightly enough so that trying to remove it with a coat hanger would damage it. So if you peed in it, how would the pee get past the ball in order to float it out?? More than likely the pee would just sit on top. And geez...how much pee do three people have anyway? Must be a pretty small pipe.

If it were a rusty pipe, I'd say open up the coat hanger and dig away at the rust in the pipe until you flaked away enough to get the coat hanger past the pingpong ball without having to touch it. If the pipe is rusted, then removing the rust is not "damaging the pipe"--its cleaning off the pipe. Coat hangers aren't that thick so it wouldn't take much digging. Then slightly curve the coathanger and gently slide it underneath the pingpong ball and gently pull upwards until the ball is dislodged.

:p

Men!! Always using the little brain instead of the big brain. :-)) :rolleyes:

Who made up that riddle? That's totally stupid. First of all you say the pipe is in a room...then you say its stuck in the ground. ??? So is it in a room or outside in the ground? If the pingpong ball is in the pipe and "barely fits" then you'd assume its wedged in fairly tightly. Tightly enough so that trying to remove it with a coat hanger would damage it. So if you peed in it, how would the pee get past the ball in order to float it out?? More than likely the pee would just sit on top. And geez...how much pee do three people have anyway? Must be a pretty small pipe.

If it were a rusty pipe, I'd say open up the coat hanger and dig away at the rust in the pipe until you flaked away enough to get the coat hanger past the pingpong ball without having to touch it. If the pipe is rusted, then removing the rust is not "damaging the pipe"--its cleaning off the pipe. Coat hangers aren't that thick so it wouldn't take much digging. Then slightly curve the coathanger and gently slide it underneath the pingpong ball and gently pull upwards until the ball is dislodged.

:p

Men!! Always using the little brain instead of the big brain. :-)) :rolleyes:

It barely fits as in there is a mm1 of space around the ball and you have 3 people in one room you would get enough pee after a while and it would come out... and if you wnt to know who told me this it was my ceramics teacher :p

Ok...I wanna play :)

I have a riddle: You are in a box...now, this box is made of steel and welded on all edges. There is no door, just a window with bars. You have a table and a mirror in the box with you. How do you get out?

Anyone??

-Sara

Same way you got in.

Back