User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to make the right mouse button of a touchpad open new tab in firefox?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know that the right and bottom sides of the touchpad will scroll a page if you slide your finger up and down or side to side, but i dont know if you can make it clickable. usually i will hold CONTROL or SHIFT + left click will open a new page or tab.

~b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either you don't have a synaptics touch pad, or you didn't install the other driver like I listed above. For the other issue, your probably brushing the touch bad with your palm. It takes some getting used to, and is kinda annoying for a while... but you'll get the hang of it. If not, just start pounding your fist on it.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did install a synaptics driver, but apparently not THE synaptics driver I need :P I just downloaded like every touchpad driver I could find from dell, and we'll see how that works out. The newest one was from 05, so it's dubious at this point.

I'm not brushing thee touchpad with my palm. I know this beca.... I just did it again. And again!

Anyway, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, I was typing gibberish specificially waiting for it to happen, and I made sure I did not touch it. As I am typing now, I am not touching it yet it still happens. Someone suggested static electricity...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fail. Get out of my internets. (lol jk)

But seriously, just call Dell. I know it will take like 8 hours, and you'll probably understand 3 words of what the guy tells you, but it would solve the problem of the jumpy touch pad. I had one that just randomly flew around like that, and I made them send me a replacement.

Can't help you w/ the firefox thing
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you download the driver from dell, they probably will remove most of the features from the original synaptic driver. They do that so they don't get tech support calls from mothers due to their kids assigning the right mouse button to open up tabs on firefox. 8)
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had a problem understanding the accents lol.

The driver would not work on Vista. This is getting retarded. I just may call them up if I can't fine an answer soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is obviously the hedgehog. They bring bad luck to electronics... well thats what the crazy lady at the Walmart said. I can believe it, cant trust things that look like this

Creep me out... blame your hedgehog.

But seriously, I had a similar problem with my plug-in mouse, with the cursor moving and clicking randomly. I got a new one and it stopped. Yes I know its not really related to a touchpad, but it may be more than simple program problems because the thing should work immediately, regardless.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, given the hedgehog issue, I figured out what's wrong. I tried every Synaptics driver I could find and nothing worked, so I had to install some special Dell driver and now I can do what I want :P I also have scrolling capabilities now.This calls for celebration pills!

1..2..3.. Hurrah!

The erratic cursor hasn't presented it's self again. We'll see if it's gone or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast