User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TC defects: The latest bugbear of CP growers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    geez, and I thought I was being careful. I don't feel like sending a fire tornado around. DELETED!
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPlantaholic View Post
    I just had a quick question...
    It has seemed to me that many of the mutations that occur from imbalanced hormones in TC seem to go away after an extended period (3 or more years) of being grown in normal CP media. I think a lot of times the problem is that people see the mutation and think it will be permanent, when it could really go away after propagating it normally for a while.
    But in this case, I think the point is that this problem may often be misdiagnosed as TC-related, but rather something environmental that gets fixed, or overcome. Again, I am not saying that there are no TC-related problems, but I do agree that many issues are often quickly labeled as the result of TC, when in fact, this is not the case. I go again to my example of JMatt's red hairy hamata. Obviously this is not TC-related because it was seed grown; but several members quickly said it was TC-related or jumped on and agreed with those that said it was TC-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepfreak View Post
    The whole "TC uprising thing" might be stemming fromt the efforts of Rainforestguy, AKA Rainforest Carnivores or Michael, a superb grower, but he hates Rob cantley's guts... he's always spreading rumors about TC and trying to convince people that all TC plants are inferior.
    Let's leave out particular members of the CP community and what he or she may or may not allegedly be doing.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talk to him at least once a week, and trust me, RFC doesn't hate Cantley. They may not be best buds, but they don't hate each other. That's a pretty strong accusation to be throwing around....
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Remember when people didn't want to fertilize because they had been lied to for years that it would instantly kill their plants? Same thing (more or less). People are seeing the benefits of not listening to the lies that have been mass propagated, and are acting out on it."

Ron,
    Just one note on the above comment. I have been growing cp since 1979, and people were fertilizing their plants before I came on the scene. Some people prefer not to...well they are carnivorous, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know D'Amato has been fertilizing since the 70s (maybe late 60s), but even when I came on the scene, everywhere I turned said your plants would die if you fertilized them. Now its common knowledge that if you fertilize, your plants will be a cut above, both in appearance and overall health!

I also remember when people were saying not to use inorganic fertilizer, which I've been doing successfully for a loooong time. Even now people say not to use it, or to flush your pots within 24 hours. I don't flush until 72 hours later (sometimes longer) and I've yet to experience any adverse effects except for a tiny bit of burning on one plant that has since corrected itself.
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP I do get plants neps from hawaii but from a much smaller non online nursery,
    now that other place is exporting and charging arms and legs for nepenthes Kona,Kohala(wow I lived there ) and whatever ...
    The only reason the seed grown anti tc thing is here is that in hawaii nepenthes grow like crazy,but are far away and they want to charge as much as they want for seed grown nepenthes.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....What?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started re-skimming these posts and trying to actually read some...

Even if seed grown N.rajah plants were distributed someday
    You're too late...by about a year and a half. Rajah seed has been distributed. Even a decent number (well single digit, but still) of rajah hybrids have been made. Guides have made, IIRC, rajah x tentaculata, and I know someone who has some wild pollinated (purposely of course) rajah x amp seedlings.

From what I hear, the seed grown rajahs are easier than the TC rajahs, but these people have never had the TC'd rajahs at the same size AFAIK. Rajah is well known for being a species that gets more exacting in its requirements as it ages, so perhaps compost grown vs. micropropagated clones would act the same at that stage. The point is, there is at least a slight CHANCE that a compost grown clone might not be so exacting in its requirements as it ages. Well with the (one?) BE rajah rolling around....we all know how it acts as it gets older....
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast