User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish List for the NASC Auction...What Would You Like to See?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish List for the NASC Auction...What Would You Like to See?

The 2008 NASC Benefit Auction will be coming soon! It's scheduled to run from June 7th through June 21st.

Since all kinds of interesting things pop up in the auction, I thought people might want to post some of their "wishes". We can't guarantee you'll see it in the auction but you never know what you might inspire someone to donate.

Every year we depend on the generosity of our conservation-minded community to help raise money to fund NASC operations. We have many Sarracenia in our Growing program, an ever-enlarging database of Sarracenia locations, an informative newsletter and website, and plans for much more.

This year we will also be donating 50% (up to $1,500) of our proceeds to the Splinter Hill Bog purchase campaign! (See the NASC forum for more details). This is extra incentive to donate so this additional land can be protected. Every square foot in conservation is a step forward for the future of Sarracenia in their ever-shrinking habitat.

We appreciate all the people who have been joining NASC. It's really good to see.

And remember...you can donate anything. While we all love plants of all types, anything that will raise funds is sincerely appreciated.

You know there will be ham! hehe

So...post your wishes here! You never know!
    Last edited by PlantAKiss; 05-14-2008 at 12:43 PM.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    And remember...you can donate anything. While we all love plants of all types, anything that will raise funds is sincerely appreciated.
    Anything within reason, of course. If you think you might want to donate anything that might be "questionable" in nature (i.e. knives, gunpowder, rat poison, prescription drugs, etc.), contact someone on the NASC board (PAK, Est, Ozzy, myself, etc.).

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many Nepenthes as possible, with as many of those as possible being lowlanders (or intermediates that I can grow).

If you think you might want to donate anything that might be "questionable" in nature (i.e. knives, gunpowder, rat poison, prescription drugs, etc.)
    I didn't see broken glass listed hahaha
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    I didn't see broken glass listed hahaha
    As I said, if you want to donate something that may be "questionable" (a liability to either NASC or TF) like broken glass, shoot me a pm and we'll chat about it. As with the trading forum, there are things that, no matter how insignificant or harmless, may cause a problem. Most of the time, something terrible would never happen; but, better safe than sorry is the attitude we at TF and NASC have chosen to take. (and yes, I know it was a joke, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to explain that addendum for everyone else).

Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    As many Nepenthes as possible
    I agree with this. It's also always nice to see some sweet cans of spam!

xvart.
    Last edited by xvart; 04-10-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: removed link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said I couldn't see that post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    Said I couldn't see that post.
    Oh, I guess last years auction has already been moved. Sorry, I'll remove the link.

xvart.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    If you think you might want to donate anything that might be "questionable" in nature (i.e. knives, gunpowder, rat poison, prescription drugs, etc.), contact someone on the NASC board (PAK, Est, Ozzy, myself, etc.).

xvart.
    The way you phrased that, you made it sound as if theres a chance you'd let someone donate prescription drugs

Sheridan?

I've been giving away a lot of crap lately since I'm going to college in August. I'll try to donate Sphagnum if it has grown back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm... I would like a mature Nepenthes hamata, jacquelineae, ephippeata, rajah, and izumiae. Also, I would like no one to bid on these so they go for under $15 and I get them all. Further, I would like a portable greenhouse that measures 20x50 feet and folds up into a suitcase. It should include a swamp cooler, circulation fan, and fogger. It should also be insulated and come equipped with its own artificial lighting, timer, thermostats and humidistats. But the most important thing is that they ALL fit into a suitcase. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for this, maybe $20. I like the NASC auction.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast