What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish List for the NASC Auction...What Would You Like to See?

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
The 2008 NASC Benefit Auction will be coming soon! It's scheduled to run from June 7th through June 21st.

Since all kinds of interesting things pop up in the auction, I thought people might want to post some of their "wishes". We can't guarantee you'll see it in the auction but you never know what you might inspire someone to donate. :D

Every year we depend on the generosity of our conservation-minded community to help raise money to fund NASC operations. We have many Sarracenia in our Growing program, an ever-enlarging database of Sarracenia locations, an informative newsletter and website, and plans for much more.

This year we will also be donating 50% (up to $1,500) of our proceeds to the Splinter Hill Bog purchase campaign! (See the NASC forum for more details). This is extra incentive to donate so this additional land can be protected. Every square foot in conservation is a step forward for the future of Sarracenia in their ever-shrinking habitat.

We appreciate all the people who have been joining NASC. It's really good to see.

And remember...you can donate anything. While we all love plants of all types, anything that will raise funds is sincerely appreciated.

You know there will be ham! hehe :rolleyes:

So...post your wishes here! You never know!

Last edited:
And remember...you can donate anything. While we all love plants of all types, anything that will raise funds is sincerely appreciated.

Anything within reason, of course. If you think you might want to donate anything that might be "questionable" in nature (i.e. knives, gunpowder, rat poison, prescription drugs, etc.), contact someone on the NASC board (PAK, Est, Ozzy, myself, etc.).

xvart.

As many Nepenthes as possible, with as many of those as possible being lowlanders (or intermediates that I can grow).

If you think you might want to donate anything that might be "questionable" in nature (i.e. knives, gunpowder, rat poison, prescription drugs, etc.)
I didn't see broken glass listed hahaha

I didn't see broken glass listed hahaha

As I said, if you want to donate something that may be "questionable" (a liability to either NASC or TF) like broken glass, shoot me a pm and we'll chat about it. As with the trading forum, there are things that, no matter how insignificant or harmless, may cause a problem. Most of the time, something terrible would never happen; but, better safe than sorry is the attitude we at TF and NASC have chosen to take. (and yes, I know it was a joke, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to explain that addendum for everyone else).

As many Nepenthes as possible

I agree with this. It's also always nice to see some sweet cans of spam!

xvart.

Last edited:
If you think you might want to donate anything that might be "questionable" in nature (i.e. knives, gunpowder, rat poison, prescription drugs, etc.), contact someone on the NASC board (PAK, Est, Ozzy, myself, etc.).

xvart.

The way you phrased that, you made it sound as if theres a chance you'd let someone donate prescription drugs :0o:

Sheridan? :-))

I've been giving away a lot of crap lately since I'm going to college in August. I'll try to donate Sphagnum if it has grown back.

hmmm... I would like a mature Nepenthes hamata, jacquelineae, ephippeata, rajah, and izumiae. Also, I would like no one to bid on these so they go for under $15 and I get them all. Further, I would like a portable greenhouse that measures 20x50 feet and folds up into a suitcase. It should include a swamp cooler, circulation fan, and fogger. It should also be insulated and come equipped with its own artificial lighting, timer, thermostats and humidistats. But the most important thing is that they ALL fit into a suitcase. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for this, maybe $20. I like the NASC auction.

I would like to see some Heliamphora. :)

I would like to see some Heliamphora.

Signed! I would love to see some more Helis. My one lonesome Heli is one that I get from a few auctions ago and I'm looking for some "buddies"!

Also, location Sarracenia are always appreciated. :)

i like sarracenia. so any sarracenia.

Anything within reason, of course. If you think you might want to donate anything that might be "questionable" in nature (i.e. knives, gunpowder, rat poison, prescription drugs, etc.

No rat poison? I bought an extra case that I was planning on donating. What am I going to do with all this rat poison now?

I got some surprises, maybe I'll donate another "mystery dew"

You know I'll be putting up another Swamp tour.

I'd like to see some cephs at the auction

I would like to see anything not on my growlist, that includes common drosera like D. rotundifolia and intermedia. Oh and nepenthes a nepenthes ventrata and a judith finn and a large S. psittacina 'giant'.

Tropical Growing sundews :) Including pygmy gemmae.

I would like to see anything not on my growlist, that includes common drosera like D. rotundifolia and intermedia.

There will be an intermedia.

Lubbock tour!??!?!?
LOL obviously....unless you REALLY like Buddy Holly...I'll show you where he was born...AND his museum....and the Buddy Holly Center. I'll even throw in a trip to where Waylon Jennings was born hahaha.

Lubbock tour!??!?!?
LOL obviously....unless you REALLY like Buddy Holly...I'll show you where he was born...AND his museum....and the Buddy Holly Center.

As a big Holly fan I'd like that very much. ≡dreaming≡ ;)

║║I'd like to see a S. 'Hurricane Creek White' up for auction║║ :love:

I would like to see things that aren't as common...like roridula, and byblis seeds, and things like that.

As a Waylon Jennings fan, I'd love to see that but TX is so far away.

Back