Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Head south, we can find some snakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    I think I'm going to set it free, I've found a few places that say most wild snakes don't do well in captivity, and ozzy pretty much confirmed it. I was going to give it earth worms, insects, an occasional feeder fish (the vitamin deficiency), find some tadpoles at the creek, and an occasional pinky, even though a pinky would be sad for me seeing as how I have 2 rats.

Thanks for the info, I wanna fund different snakes and get pictures of them, thats my goal for the summer. Get at least 10 different species of snake on camera.
    2 summers ago, I found a snake while hiking in the foothills near our place. I threw it into a box that was in the back of our car, took it home, and promptly went out and bought a terrarium for it. I don't remember what kind of snake it was, but at the time I researched it like crazy to make sure I was going to take care of it well. I too ran across info saying wild snakes don't do well in captivity, especially by a snake noob like myself.

After 3 weeks of it striking at the side of the container everytime we flicked on a light, walked by, walked in the room, etc, I realized I was only stressing it out and that I better let it go. So, we did just that, right took it right back where we found it. I think I saved it from a slow death by doing so!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you happen to know what the large species of gardersnake is in my state? My brother was bitten by one and my parents wouldn't believe me or him that it was completely harmless. Then when they got the the hospital witch was really packed and one guy came in with a huge swollen leg sat down after going to the counter. As soon as my mom told the lady he was bitten by a snake he got a room! I sort of want one but, even if I can I will have to wait until I move out.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mass. has the common garter snake. They are a venomous snake, but only to small animals like frogs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? I thought they were nonvenomous. Thanks, I just love those aggresive devils!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not dangerous and only technically venomous. A bee would probably be more venomous than they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said I would think of it as any more dangerous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12