What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weirdest way you killed a CP

Bleach in 'Tarnok' pitchers

Pelletized lime in Mexi-Ping mix

1000W HID bulb over highland plants then not checking them for 3 weeks

Roach consuming a tray of U. reniformis seedlings

killing every cp that i got until i was 10 yrs old!!!!(mostly vft) just using wrong water and not acclimating them also bugs ate em!!!

waking up at 7am to peek out the window and see the chihuahua in the barrel bog and digging the whole thing out(something like 7 sarrs, 2 dews, 4 vft, and some others), only lost maybe 2 plants though.

im not much of a morning person.

~b

Well, it wasn't me, but for a science fair here at the middle school, a 6th grader had an experment with VFT's. He watered a Dentate and a Red Dragon with Coke to see which one would live longest. The Red Dragon won, but both died. Imagine that.....

...no they wern't yours, Andrew.

waking up at 7am to peek out the window and see the chihuahua in the barrel bog and digging the whole thing out(something like 7 sarrs, 2 dews, 4 vft, and some others), only lost maybe 2 plants though.

im not much of a morning person.

~b

I would kill that rat..the reason i call chiuauas rats is because if i can drop kick a "dog" of that size over my backyard fence, its not a dog but a rat. :jester:
But that really sux that he/she did that!! Who does he/she think she is? :jester:

man this thread tore off..bleach? dogs? cats? coke? Sounds like not man but domestics of man and man made products are the worst for CPs :-))

I found out my dog spike (in my avatar) eat my vft bulb today! He had a peice stuck to him! I don't have any more vfts! They all died in dog related deaths! I can't believe I didn't learn the first 10 times! (all little walmart peices)

Um, I got Carnivorous Creations from dunecraft. When I saw the instruction booklet, I said, "Who uses these anymore?" And when I was putting the seeds in, I filled it to like 3/4, put seeds, then put the rest of the soil on them (that's what I usually do with regular seeds of plants, it works, though). Then when I saw the instructions, I was like, "Oh, crap. Well, it'll still grow probably". Then I put it in for stratifaction, bla, blah, blah. Then I had the dome one in Summer heat and when I checked, the soil was burning hot. XD

Plus, I got a VFT from Lowes in a death cube, but it looked completely healthy! Not know how to care for them, I killed it.

PS: Speaking of death cubes, I've never seen them again. When I was there, they had VFTs and some kind of Neps, but, they actually got light *Gasp*. Wish me luck to find them tomorrow (I'm looking for Roottone actually).

Damn chipmunk! I should have traped it and let my snake have fun with it.

i tourtured a TC mutant ventrata/icosa. gave it no light. watered with tap water. soil was like 1:1 peat and vermiculite. no humidity. it still, for some reason, kept growing and pitchering like no tomorrow. i made a cutting and sent it off to another person. the mother plant actually died when i gave it good conditions. ironic...

another time was a ventrata that was outside for summer. a storm came through and actually ripped the plant out of the pot. all that was left was the green. there were no roots at all. so emergency cuttings were made and none made it. first nep i ever killed too :(

Alex

I once had a little copelandii basal that was trying to root. I had to be off somewhere quick so I told my mom to put it on my plant shelf. She put it on the ground outside on our porch. I came back later to find the growing tip had been eaten by my cat. The same cat also feasted on a sensitivty plant I had. And he always goes for the growing tips!
:-))

not a plant but I accidentally smoked a whole batch of fresh D.collinsiae seeds once (not smoking anything illegal either dammit)

Lol, it's not dead yet, but I think I might have killed my D. aliciae with too much superthrive (not mixed with water). Don't disobey the instructions, lol. The thing is flowering too T_T.

hahaha you smoked it!?!

I think he means mabudon.

I've killed a lot of VFTs by over watering. Not the weirdest way but I've learned the hard way that it is better to water from above instead of the try method.

Yes, I smoked maybe 200 seeds by accident, no joke I harvested them and dumperd them on this lid that belonged on a jar of (honestly) tobacco and forgot about it, next thing I know I'm wondering where the seeds are and then I remembered what I'd done and cursed myself just a little, it was my FIRST successful batch of seeds from that plant

Yes, I smoked maybe 200 seeds by accident, no joke I harvested them and dumperd them on this lid that belonged on a jar of (honestly) tobacco and forgot about it, next thing I know I'm wondering where the seeds are and then I remembered what I'd done and cursed myself just a little, it was my FIRST successful batch of seeds from that plant

That reminds me of an old Night Court episode. Somebody's human ashes were in an urn and someone else mistook the ashes for herb tea. To which Harry replied, "That wasn't herb tea..... that was Herb!"

saw 5 n. ventratas at the grocery store so I bought 1
came back 2 weeks later and rescued the other browning/wilting others for cheap price. They all died 1 week later. Guess I was too late.
The smoked drosera takes the cake. so funny

Back