What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weirdest way you killed a CP

What is the weirdest way youve ever killed a CP? Ant and CP_Dude and i were randomly talking and BAM! so here we go!

my idea! nooooo!

well, while i'm here...

i used to have this really large ventricrosa. one day i went to the hospital for a day surgery...and my cats knocked it off the window sill and ate it...the whole damn thing...vine and all....

Well I found an acidental Drosera adelae in my water tray and was bored, so I planted it in my moms garden, things went well for 1 week then my mom water her plants, next check it was all black, my mom has no green thumb! LOL!

dropped a bunch of seed on the carpet... cant find it. so its probably dead.

It would have to be when my parents actually let my 4-year old brother open the terrarium lid and drench my Capensis seedlings until they were under the dirt for 6 hours while I was at school...but that was more annoying than weird.

I suffocated a D adelae in a death cube.
The corpse is still preserved!

It would have to be when my parents actually let my 4-year old brother open the terrarium lid and drench my Capensis seedlings until they were under the dirt for 6 hours while I was at school...but that was more annoying than weird.

did they live? they are supposed to survive "anything"

I ate it.

D. capensis seedling. not like their arent plenty of THOSE things around.

We can all remember the mummified N. Mikeii. That was a joint effort between me and JLAP.

Actually, I wanted to see how long a D. Adelae could go without water. It survived surprisingly long.

Lol, you ate it!? Well, the weirdest way I killed a VFT was I was like 7 years old and kept closing them and giving them dead bugs. I also clogged a sarracenia with a pill bug. I think I suffocated them too.

haha them mummified mikeii it was cold damaged and I kept saying over and over it looked like a mummy the leaves looked like old dry leathery flesh.
uhh i have only killed like one plant my first vft I had bought a duncecraft kit and the vft that my mom had got me well I put it in the soil that came with the kit and it croaked.
But the seedlings germinated I now have a whole pot of sarracenia seedlings the ones that came with the kit.
oh wait I did kill one oreo it's rhizome turned mushy I had gotten it mid winter and idk what happened maybe it will pull a phoenix.

i've had birds eat my VFTs, my sarras, and my dog has helped me repot way too many plants. I once ate a tuberous drosera tuber...tasted like 1/2 onion 1/2 leafy veggie...

I should make a list!

1) Attempting to make a mininog at a stream edge
2) Dropping seedlings on the floor, in the dark
3) Thinking I was doing D. regia a favor and made two pots for two plants
4) Opening up a well -sealed makeshift pot of a B. liniflora, only to see the plant fall on the floor and die
5) Having my kid bump into pots of pygny sundews and crash to the floor
6) My wife knocked my Ceph to the floor
7) Having a Nep in a hanging basket crash into trays of plants
8) Putting pings outside only to have a rainstorm scatter and rot them
9) Freezing D. paradoxa colony
10) Someone dumping my rain barrel that had U. gibba in it

Here are some crime scenes:

s_Wed_106.jpg

This:

AF001301.jpg

crashed into this:

AF001901.jpg