Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Tester

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italo, Ive been using an economy model for years and have been very well pleased, the cheap units have an accuracy of 3%, so when you are dealing with less then 10ppm, a 3% error is irrelevant, even at 100ppm 3% wouldn't matter to our application.

When mine fails I may get the next model up, but its no biggie... but now these would be nice to have (in addition to the hand held) for monitoring membrane rejection ratio... just mount one side on the membrane inlet and the other on the membrane outlet, then do the math... very cool

plus you can get calibration fluid from the same vendor for 5 or 6 dollars if you really want peace of mind...

Nep, with devices such as these, the chances are that there is only one or two manufactures of the controller IC, so regardless of which brand you buy... if you looked at the guts Id say you would see the same parts

and again, they can be re-calibrated with a screw driver and recalibration fluid...

but they have been around a while... mine is a different brand, but it is an el-cheapo as well

HTH's
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.amazon.com/IntelliTEC-Dig.../dp/B000EVU2LC

Got it today!

Thank you Av, now I'll really know when it's time to change the filter on my RO unit.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fini View Post
    The Hanna meters are very good, though they can be a bit expensive. I got mine on eBay a few years back.
    I have a Hanna and I got it on ebay, but it wasn't expensive at all. I can't remember what I paid but it was pretty cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    Nep, with devices such as these, the chances are that there is only one or two manufactures of the controller IC, so regardless of which brand you buy... if you looked at the guts Id say you would see the same parts

and again, they can be re-calibrated with a screw driver and recalibration fluid...

but they have been around a while... mine is a different brand, but it is an el-cheapo as well

HTH's
    Av
    Awesome AV... once again you make the technicalities understandable. Thanks again!

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by italo.america View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/IntelliTEC-Dig.../dp/B000EVU2LC

Got it today!

Thank you Av, now I'll really know when it's time to change the filter on my RO unit.

italo,

with a good pressure gauge you could do the same thing with for your prefilters

check the pressure going into them and the pressure coming out, when the differential is more then 5 or 10 pis its time to change prefilters.

No more guess work, you will get maximum membrane and prefilter life

P.S., its also a good idea to smell your membrane and prefilters when you change them out, if bacteria is detected you need to use them more often, ideally you should be using them daily to prevent stagnation.

YW Daniel.... happy to help if i can
    Av

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12