Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Design Your Dream CP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cold hardy nepenthes. tropical sarracenia.

and im with Clint, blues on plants would be awesome!!

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm a giant nepenthes that had really hairy leaves and it has really prominent fangs like hamata. It's lid would descend and the pitchers would slowly shrink and squeeze the insects tighter like a flytrap. And it has stones in it's pitchers deposited their by birds that like to nest in the plants leaves and the stones grind up the more squishy insects like catipillars into a nice creamy paste that will later be found to be a powerful anti wrinkle cream, that doesn't have to be applied to the face it can be taken orally. And men and women all over the world will use it as spread on their toast bagels etc.
    really random, so what?
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I got another one! A vft with hard teeth that have barbs on the end. The teeth shoot out on thin strings and spear flies and other insects. They always keep the teeth out on their strings flailing around in the wind unless it has caught something. Lol, im demented.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey JLAP, nothing came out of that you say? Not even a spin-off thread or anything? curious. I want to read more of it! I mean, what could he have confused them with? that seems really wierd.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. There was nothing. There may be some secret in the jungles of PNG, but more than likely not. Tim hasn't posted since that thread. I guess I pissed him off when I posted him E-mails.

BUT that's not what this thread is about :P You now know as much as I or anyone else does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Look at my youthful enthusiasm. Where did it go? The end is neigh. I can feel the cold, seductive hand of death slowly creeping down my neck. My arteries are hardening as we speak! Oh, it's true what they say. They really DO only want you when you're 17. When you're 21, you're no fun. They take a Polaroid and let you go, say they'll let you know, so come on.
    I thought you told me you weren't emo...

;P
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ideal: A nepenthes that tolerates low humidy, low light, and is happy right at 70F, no temp drops. But the real feature would be it's growth habit: It would have that of a VFT: Stay rosette, not grow taller, no vine, etc.; just become a bigger rosette with age that never grows higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A vacuum sarracenia that sucks down any bug that lands on the rim. No more watching that hornet flirt with disaster only to take flight and go on its merry way. It lands, the VAWOOOP! Gone.

I'm going to second the cold tolerate nepenthes idea. How about a nepenthes that stays fairly compact, has large pitchers that do not die out for a very long time, can live a little further inside of the room than right at the windowsill and has the aforementioned blue (or maybe a dark purpleish tint)?

Or a black VFT (or nep, or sarr or...) nice and sinister looking.

To the idea of the 4 foot Franken-capensis idea-would it reproduce as easily as normal capes do? I don't know if we want that sucker running rampant through our collections.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast